Sponsored

Available lifts or ones that will be shortly?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the Icon Stage 7 installed on mine before I even pick it up. Metal Cloak and others make great kits but I'm all about the absolute best ride possible and IMO that is always hands down Icon Vehicle Dynamics suspensions.

Ha Ha Ha "absolute best ride possible" - Drink much ICON Kool-Aid? You a former Tacoma owner?

"Icon Vehicle Dynamics - hands down" :facepalm:
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the Icon Stage 7 installed on mine before I even pick it up. Metal Cloak and others make great kits but I'm all about the absolute best ride possible and IMO that is always hands down Icon Vehicle Dynamics suspensions.

Do you work for Icon? Are they going to sponsor you?

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Do you work for Icon? Are they going to sponsor you?

Going straight to talking smack? Way to show your maturity level. Been running Icon since it was Donahoe Racing and ran Carli's 2nd ever made Dominator kit right after they left Kore to start Carli and the kit still came with weld on bump stops, before they went to making more street worthy kits. I have zero experience though about suspension systems. lol

Oh and the only Toyotas I've ever owned have all been FJ40, 45, and LV's.

OP
OP

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
They aren't really known in the GM sommunity either yet I am running a Stage 4 on my daughter's Canyon and it rails with Raptors all day long. Most fun and comfortable ride quality I've had from any manufacturer whether in my SuperDuty's or the Canyon. I've destroyed my fair share of Kings though and the one's I had on my SD were one of the worst rides. I'll be sure to provide feedback in 2 weeks when I pick it up.
interested in feedback and appreciate you chiming in. The problem with king shocks is typically they just provide the hardware. A company like Carli or whoever tell them what calving they want. So it’s hard to blame king for ride quality. I’ve ridden in a ram with thuren suspension and kings and it was one of if not the best riding trucks I’ve ever been in, but that’s also cause thuren has king valve them to the customers specs instead of giving you only one option.

Juforrest

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco truck
Occupation
Ironworker
Suspension isn’t rocket science so I’m sure most of these companies have decent stuff. Ride quality is most typically reliant on the shocks more than anything. Based on specs the icon shocks don’t offer anything the other companies don’t.

The best bang for the buck would be, and hopefully will be the ARB Old man Emu shocks if/when they are available as they have a true adjustable rebound bypass.

outside of shocks it’s all just spring rates and the type of bushing a company uses unless you start relocating mounting points and changing the length of the arms etc. so to claim icon rides better doesn’t seem to be backed by any substance.
I had the OME BP-51 shocks on my Tacoma for 2 years. When they weren’t leaking and empty of nitrogen the ride was incredible. I had the rears replaced twice and the front coil overs replaced once. I pulled everything out when it was time for the front replacement and sold the whole kit when I got the news back from ARB. So besides the leaks I had adjuster rings seize up and the spherical bearings seize and or break. I’m pretty sure the shock oil isn’t rated for cold weather. I work about 20 minutes from the US headquarters for ARB so getting warranties wasn’t very hard. Just sucks that I had to do often.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
I had the OME BP-51 shocks on my Tacoma for 2 years. When they weren’t leaking and empty of nitrogen the ride was incredible. I had the rears replaced twice and the front coil overs replaced once. I pulled everything out when it was time for the front replacement and sold the whole kit when I got the news back from ARB. So besides the leaks I had adjuster rings seize up and the spherical bearings seize and or break. I’m pretty sure the shock oil isn’t rated for cold weather. I work about 20 minutes from the US headquarters for ARB so getting warranties wasn’t very hard. Just sucks that I had to do often.
That’s shitty for sure. Was this a couple years ago local jeep shop said they had issues in the beginning but ironed out the issues in the last year or two. Not many options for adjustable rebound without spending a fortune on custom external bypass shocks, then they are also loud. A rebound adjustment makes a world of difference in ride so it would be nice to have.

Juforrest

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco truck
Occupation
Ironworker
That’s shitty for sure. Was this a couple years ago local jeep shop said they had issues in the beginning but ironed out the issues in the last year or two. Not many options for adjustable rebound without spending a fortune on custom external bypass shocks, then they are also loud. A rebound adjustment makes a world of difference in ride so it would be nice to have.
It was, I got some of the first ones here in Washington. I got rid of them like a year and half ago maybe. It would be terrific if they resolved all the issues.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Going straight to talking smack? Way to show your maturity level. Been running Icon since it was Donahoe Racing and ran Carli's 2nd ever made Dominator kit right after they left Kore to start Carli and the kit still came with weld on bump stops, before they went to making more street worthy kits. I have zero experience though about suspension systems. lol

Oh and the only Toyotas I've ever owned have all been FJ40, 45, and LV's.

Talking smack?! Based on your reaction it's clear I hit close to home. You sound like a salesman for Icon for fawks sake

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I went with the TeraFlex 3.5 IR full suspension with Great Results
why plenty of room to go bigger saying 40s if i want to LOL
I stayed with the Fox shocks of Falcons
not saying ones better over the other just Fox reservoirs worked for me

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I went with the TeraFlex 3.5 IR full suspension with Great Results
why plenty of room to go bigger saying 40s if i want to LOL
I stayed with the Fox shocks of Falcons
not saying ones better over the other just Fox reservoirs worked for me
I don’t see a 3.5” kit on their website other than their base coil lift; which one did you get? Pics?

Sponsored

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Navy
I don’t see a 3.5” kit on their website other than their base coil lift; which one did you get? Pics?
I had to go on ;ine and order what i wanted
I got the standard 3.5 kit then purchased the IR arms
sorry for the miss leading of a complete kit.
Let me talk to the guy I have dealt with at TeraFlex and see if he can get me a package price plus a Kit Number.
i Will Try and Post pictures if I a allowed to on here
Jeep Gladiator Available lifts or ones that will be shortly? IMG_2708

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I had to go on ;ine and order what i wanted
I got the standard 3.5 kit then purchased the IR arms
sorry for the miss leading of a complete kit.
Let me talk to the guy I have dealt with at TeraFlex and see if he can get me a package price plus a Kit Number.
i Will Try and Post pictures if I a allowed to on here
Great, thanks! I only saw the full kits for the 2.5" systems and it had rear spacers rather than new coils; interested to see what your system consists of as I'd prefer new rear coils to just a spacer. If there is no pre-assembled "kit", then part numbers would be awesome.

I see no reason you wouldn't be able to post pics here. There is no minimum number of posts before you are allowed or anything like that, and if you are worried about Teraflex, I'd assume they'd be happy to have their parts shown off!

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Navy
Great, thanks! I only saw the full kits for the 2.5" systems and it had rear spacers rather than new coils; interested to see what your system consists of as I'd prefer new rear coils to just a spacer. If there is no pre-assembled "kit", then part numbers would be awesome.

I see no reason you wouldn't be able to post pics here. There is no minimum number of posts before you are allowed or anything like that, and if you are worried about Teraflex, I'd assume they'd be happy to have their parts shown off!
IMG_2726.jpg

Alteredspeed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
Are theses diesel specific front springs?