Sponsored

Do we know when the Ecodiesel will be released?

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
The Wall Street Journal today reported that FCA has reopened an Italian factory that builds vans on a limited basis. They have also opened several facilities that supply that factory. They only listed the cities in which those facilities are located and Cento, where VM Motori is located, was not listed. So, no indication that they are making the Ecodiesels just yet, but perhaps a glimmer of hope that things are recovering in Italy. The WSJ also reports that U.S. carmakers are penciling in May 18 as their restart date.
Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
The WSJ also reports that U.S. carmakers are penciling in May 18 as their restart date.
My truck (stuck in D status) probably won't get built and/or delivered until July at this rate. I'm in no hurry, but it's amazing how COVID-9 literally shutdown the world for a period of time.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I'm chomping at the bit to order the diesel.
Hopefully the order bank will open by October, but it could be as late as December.

Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
You watch that blasphemous language...
I know, it sounds horrible, but I have to stick with what Jeep told us. "During the live steam forum today, the Jeep Brand VP reiterated by the end of this year. "

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I know, it sounds horrible, but I have to stick with what Jeep told us. "During the live steam forum today, the Jeep Brand VP reiterated by the end of this year. "
No, I agree with you. Just having a little fun. Been waiting so long for this truck, and it's so close I can taste it. The wife is REALLY sick of hearing about it. She just wants me to get it and shut up .

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
No, I agree with you. Just having a little fun. Been waiting so long for this truck, and it's so close I can taste it. The wife is REALLY sick of hearing about it. She just wants me to get it and shut up .
My wife is tired of hearing about it, too. But she isn't wanting me to get it and shut up, lol. She wants her Wrangler, first.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I guess your wife is my wife's long lost sister. If she is in a good mood, she nods when I talk about it and says "that's nice" like she cares.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I needed a new vehicle before the end of the year, and when the 'rona hit I jumped on a JLURDiesel, even though I really had my heart set on a JTD. We are really enjoying it, got over 2K miles on it already. If any of you witnessed how the Wrangler diesel rollout was handled by FCA, you know that it was not the usual '6-8 weeks' order time. I think most of it was because they did not have enough engines (Ram got the lion's share) then the holidays then all this virus crap. Assuming order banks open before the end of the year (that is a BIG Assumption imho) you will still bump into the holidays but the supply chain is going to be so fubar there is no telling how long it will take. So settle in & prepare yourselves, it will be a long trip.
Completely worth it in the end tho!

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Assuming order banks open before the end of the year (that is a BIG Assumption imho) you will still bump into the holidays but the supply chain is going to be so fubar there is no telling how long it will take. So settle in & prepare yourselves, it will be a long trip.
Completely worth it in the end tho!
Originally, I was hoping to order my wife's Wrangler EcoDiesel sometime in the November/December timeframe, but due to the COVID-19 chaos, I think we'll wait until the March/April timeframe. Heck, my truck is still stuck in 'D' status and waiting for the plant employees to return. It might take 4+ months just to get my truck built and delivered.

Racer~X

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Test drove a Gladiator Rubicon today....liked it. general manager at store had no clue about diesel for the gladiator....looked at me funny when I asked. they had no diesel wranglers on the lot either so probably not something they order much at that particular dealer.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Test drove a Gladiator Rubicon today....liked it. general manager at store had no clue about diesel for the gladiator....looked at me funny when I asked. they had no diesel wranglers on the lot either so probably not something they order much at that particular dealer.
I wouldn't be surprised if dealers are starting to run low on their Ram EcoDiesel stock. Since the plant has been down for nearly a month, no new trucks are being built and shipped out.

Matx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU
Ordered a JLU in oct and it still hasn't hit the dealer. So OCT is a long shot
Sponsored