Sponsored

Do we know when the Ecodiesel will be released?

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Jeep tends to put shall we say 'underwhelming' badging to ID vehicles w/ the diesel engine - like this sticker:

Eww.JPG

I have an emblem off of an earlier-model Jeep diesel that will make more of a statement. For the $$ we will be spending for the option, you'd think Jeep would want EVERYBODY to know you bought one. Couple of guys have them in the Wrangler forum, but pics are buried in one ginormous thread -

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Actually here are both of them for comparison -

Eww2.JPG

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I like the bigger badging on the 2014 - 2019 4th gen trucks.

2017_Ram_1500_EcoDiesel-badge.jpg

PapaHepcat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Suburban 2500, 2014 Honda CR-V, 2012 Toyota Prius C (yeah, I know)
PS this Prius is killing my soul.
Man, I feel your pain. I sold my Prius this last summer and got a Tundra (while I wait to see how the JT diesel’s reliability holds up). Whew! Tundra is MUCH better.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
#toyotaislameandnoteventrying. The Venza we have is totally without soul, as well.
Wait. Do you have a Toyota or a Kia? :CWL::CWL::CWL:

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
#toyotaislameandnoteventrying. The Venza we have is totally without soul, as well.
I've never been inspired by Toyota, but apparently they are cost worthy vehicles since their sales are excellent.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
It's dependable, capable and utterly boring . . .

When I got the itch about a year ago for something new I tried like hell to find something in their lineup that was interesting (I like the local dealer here, surprisingly) but came up empty (including the BMW Supra; and I used to have a Supra). They are taking resting on laurels to new heights. I want a JT, preferably with a V8 that FCA loves to drop into their vehicles to boost sales and profit margins. I'd be in, somehow.

I fuss about them, but at least FCA makes interesting vehicles; I love our Durango ('course, it's on a Benz GL chassis ;)). Passed up the Highlander for the Durango, as well. Dull, dull, dull. I like to drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
It's dependable, capable and utterly boring . . .
So, what you're saying is, is that Toyota would be a good purchase for someone who is smart, economical, and fiscally conservative, right?

Sponsored

PapaHepcat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, what you're saying is, is that Toyota would be a good purchase for someone who is smart, economical, and fiscally conservative, right?
That’s the main reason I bought mine! I embrace the mundane. I commute, it works. Haul the trailer, it works. Snow or trails, etc., it works.

I prefer to save the drama and excitement for movies and stuff. If the diesel JT doesn’t pan out as reliable after a few years, I’ll stay with the Tundra for reliability and get an older Wrangler to play with. That’s the plan, at least

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
That’s the main reason I bought mine! I embrace the mundane. I commute, it works. Haul the trailer, it works. Snow or trails, etc., it works.

I prefer to save the drama and excitement for movies and stuff. If the diesel JT doesn’t pan out as reliable after a few years, I’ll stay with the Tundra for reliability and get an older Wrangler to play with. That’s the plan, at least
Well, you're probably a little smarter than I am. At minimum, more disciplined. If gold prices keep going up, then I might be considered pretty smart, too. We'll see what happens.

I just put down a deposit today on a 2020 Ram EcoDiesel Longhorn. There's nothing smart, economical, or fiscally conservative about the Ram EcoDiesel Longhorn, but it will bring me a great deal of pleasure to drive, or at least I hope.

The plan is to trade our 2015 Ram EcoDiesel for a Wrangler EcoDiesel next year. That's not very fiscally conservative, either..........

PapaHepcat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, you're probably a little smarter than I am. At minimum, more disciplined. If gold prices keep going up, then I might be considered pretty smart, too. We'll see what happens.

I just put down a deposit today on a 2020 Ram EcoDiesel Longhorn. There's nothing smart, economical, or fiscally conservative about the Ram EcoDiesel Longhorn, but it will bring me a great deal of pleasure to drive, or at least I hope.

The plan is to trade our 2015 Ram EcoDiesel for a Wrangler EcoDiesel next year. That's not very fiscally conservative, either..........
Probably not smarter, but maybe more grumpy. Tired of fixing stuff.

A couple of years ago, were on the way back from a camping trip, pulling our 30ft trailer with our previous tow vehicle when it broke down. Fortunately, we were at the last 10 minutes of a 4+ hour drive, and we were able to limp home the rest of the way.

I was acutely aware of every squeak and rattle of that old thing, and it was always stressful. So now reliability is tops for me. Smart, economical, and fiscally conservative are bonuses that usually come along for the ride.

That all being said, I’m totally happy to downsize our trailer to something the JT can handle, should it prove reliable “enough”. Removable doors and roof go a long ways to a stress-free ride. I mostly gave up riding a motorcycle, and sorely miss the open air. Can’t - or shouldn’t - lean through curves in a Jeep, but it’s safer, so it’s a good compromise.

...and I’m totally off topic. Sorry. :blush:

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey