Sponsored

Do you think the $800 million fine will change or delay the Eco diesel further?

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2019Chevy ZR2 diesel

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
This is how the government is going to balance the budget!
Isn’t most of the payout going to the state of California?

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2019Chevy ZR2 diesel
I doubt it. I'm sure insurance will pay part of it. They will work something out behind closed doors. Remember we are just the little people, they are the ones who actually run the world.
Don't worry they have already started getting it back. Just look at the price of Jeep Wranglers and the Gladiator.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Cooling issues (i.e. needs a bigger radiator and/or fans but won't fit) is what "they" say
The turbo requires an intercooler, so it takes the space needed for the HD radiator/trans cooler.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Well with Senator "AOC" and her "farting cows" Green New Deal document all our jeeps are going to be outlawed in under 10 years! enjoy it while it lasts.
She also predicted the the world is ending in 12 years so I withdrew all of my 401k funds and bought a Gladiator LE and a camper so the wife and I are going to live it up until her prediction comes true. I hope she's right on her 12 year prediction because if not we're both going to look pretty stupid.....

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Cooling issues (i.e. needs a bigger radiator and/or fans but won't fit) is what "they" say
It may be a space issue but I think Jeep missed the boat on the cooling by not putting an electronically controlled viscous clutch mechanical fan on the 3.0. Ford went that route on their 3.0 because a mechanical fan is capable of moving exponentially more air than an electric of the same size. With the viscous clutch disengaged the parasitic loss is barely measurable, especially in a 400+ ft/lb engine. But when additional cooling is needed the fan comes to life and roars like an F15 to cool things back down.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Chance for better cooling? Someone put it on a JL, kind of curious how it would look on a Gladiator.

Screenshot_20190505-141738_Facebook.jpg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Well, if that ever happens, I for one, will be barrel assing down the road blaring Red Barchetta
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

:rock:

z06surfer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
It only affected a few model years, they're way past that whole scandal at this point in terms of development. I have a 14 Diesel GC and just conplecom my claim. AEM has been installed and I'm just waiting for my 3k check now. If this effects anything it'll just be more skeptical buyers, their new Diesel implementations have been around for a while now without the same emission issue.

NFRs2000NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
It only affected a few model years, they're way past that whole scandal at this point in terms of development. I have a 14 Diesel GC and just conplecom my claim. AEM has been installed and I'm just waiting for my 3k check now. If this effects anything it'll just be more skeptical buyers, their new Diesel implementations have been around for a while now without the same emission issue.
Have you noticed any negatives with the new flash? While I wouldn't mind a 3k check, I don't want it at the expense of stellar reliability that I've had with my 14 GCD. Some reports say it runs hotter, etc, just don't want any issues before I take the plunge.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Have you noticed any negatives with the new flash? While I wouldn't mind a 3k check, I don't want it at the expense of stellar reliability that I've had with my 14 GCD. Some reports say it runs hotter, etc, just don't want any issues before I take the plunge.
So took mine in Monday for the AEM. For some reason an 8AM appointment wasn't enough time to complete the upgrade so they put me in a rental. Picked up my GC yesterday (Tuesday).

This morning (Wednesday) I'm driving in to work and get a check engine light. My ScanGauge shows P2002 (Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1). Back to Jeep, and back in a rental (f**king minvan now so really not happy!). Still no update on a fix.
Sponsored

Last edited: