Back in a Gladiator again!

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
After a brief hiatus, picked up a lightly used 21 Willys Eco-diesel. My first diesel, so going to get to know her a bit before doing too much (although the weird grill has got to go!). Have several take offs from my last Glady that I need to swap over (side steps, tonneau, Insane Audio head unit, Tazer) and these MT's have got to go as they're ridiculously loud.
So far, loving this diesel! The torque and mileage (averaging 29.7 after 300 miles) are great . Now if I can avoid a fuel pump failure until the new ones are available I'll be completely happy!
Jeep Gladiator Back in a Gladiator again! Eco1
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Use Hot Shots EDT every tankful. I've got almost 32k on mine since my first one blew. No issues so far.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Welcome back!

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
After a brief hiatus, picked up a lightly used 21 Willys Eco-diesel. My first diesel, so going to get to know her a bit before doing too much (although the weird grill has got to go!). Have several take offs from my last Glady that I need to swap over (side steps, tonneau, Insane Audio head unit, Tazer) and these MT's have got to go as they're ridiculously loud.
So far, loving this diesel! The torque and mileage (averaging 29.7 after 300 miles) are great . Now if I can avoid a fuel pump failure until the new ones are available I'll be completely happy!
You are a lucky guy. I couldn't find a used Diesel Gladiator, for that matter, I couldn't find a new one either. Hopefully the one I ordered will come in some day. Congratulations and welcome back.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
Congrats! Truck looks amazing (color choice is fantastic)

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
LOVE the color!

OP
OP
unsocbl

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are a lucky guy. I couldn't find a used Diesel Gladiator, for that matter, I couldn't find a new one either. Hopefully the one I ordered will come in some day. Congratulations and welcome back.
I had a Carguru search running for almost a year :) They're a bit rare for sure!

OP
OP
unsocbl

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replaced the darth vader grill with the factory Willys grill (black), added General Grabber APT's in 295/70-17, Nfab sidesteps, Bestop bed cover and a couple of goofy decals....now to leave it alone for a bit and just enjoy it!
Jeep Gladiator Back in a Gladiator again! 20230519_081926

Sponsored

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
First post on here. Congratulations on your Nacho! You beat me to it! I was going to reserve this one at Carmax, but when I went to do it, you had it reserved. Nice color and diesel.

OP
OP
unsocbl

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First post on here. Congratulations on your Nacho! You beat me to it! I was going to reserve this one at Carmax, but when I went to do it, you had it reserved. Nice color and diesel.
I'm glad I was quick on it! I've been looking for awhile and so far, greatly impressed with the diesel paltform!

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
I should be picking up the Willys today at Carmax. I'm retiring at the end of the month (@ 52 YOA) and decided that it was best to downsize truck and payment. Going from a GMC Sierra AT4 diesel to a 3.6 Willys. I'm familiar with the 3.6 as I owned a Grand Cherokee for 10 years. The diesel performance is pretty amazing. Love how it gets going from a stop. But going into retirement I figured it was best to have a lower monthly payment. Carmax is offering me a great deal on my GMC trade. I will be moving to our mountain home in New Mexico and will be towing my Wrangler YJ with the Gladiator to its new home. That will be pretty cool.

OP
OP
unsocbl

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should be picking up the Willys today at Carmax. I'm retiring at the end of the month (@ 52 YOA) and decided that it was best to downsize truck and payment. Going from a GMC Sierra AT4 diesel to a 3.6 Willys. I'm familiar with the 3.6 as I owned a Grand Cherokee for 10 years. The diesel performance is pretty amazing. Love how it gets going from a stop. But going into retirement I figured it was best to have a lower monthly payment. Carmax is offering me a great deal on my GMC trade. I will be moving to our mountain home in New Mexico and will be towing my Wrangler YJ with the Gladiator to its new home. That will be pretty cool.
Congratulations on the retirement! and New Mexico is gorgeous!
Nothing wrong with the 3.6 if you don't go crazy on tire size, I've owned several of them.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
Thanks. Looking forward to it being Saturday every day!
Sponsored