First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2021 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
Well my 2021 overland back up camera has the black screen radio screen works no back up camera truck has 600 miles on it ugggggggggg will give it a day or two before i take it in.
Sponsored

Discount Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
@Discount Dave

While your JT is running, pull fuse F97 in the power distribution center and after 10 seconds re-insert the fuse... This causes reboot of UConnect and good chance your hiccup will be history.
F97 fuse marked.jpg
Thank you i will try that no body wants to run to dealer great to get your help

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Mine did the same thing 2 days ago... I restarted the truck and checked the software version it was up to date ...3 hours later it worked hmmmm.....
Same for me except I didn’t verify software version. Hasn’t repeated

Discount Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
update i got ff work and it works that was a week ago hasnt missed a beat my advise is wait a day before you take it in. i did nothing to fix it.

Sponsored

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
I had the same issue twice in the two weeks I have owned it. I read somewhere else to put it in reverse right when you turn it on before the Uconnect screen boots up. This worked both times and it has been fine since.

However, today I had the ABS, ESC, SERV 4WD, and ESS (unavailable) lights go on today. Anyone know what this is about? I only have 750 miles on it and all these lights. I’m sure it‘s a bug and no mechanical issues. I have only used 4H Auto twice in heavy rain/ice. I was in 2H when they all went on.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
@Discount Dave

While your JT is running, pull fuse F97 in the power distribution center and after 10 seconds re-insert the fuse... This causes reboot of UConnect and good chance your hiccup will be history.
F97 fuse marked.jpg
Had same backup issue on 2nd day of ownership. All fuses seated properly. Putting in R b4 quickly didn't work, but I pulled fuse 97 while it was off actually and it worked right away. Thanks for the tip!

The only thing I had done differently was plug in a USB cord with no phone attached, then it I had the issue. Strange.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I have had the black reverse screen 2 times and both were from weird activity on my end. 1. I turned the screen off with the button and when I turned it back off the reverse camera did not respond until I cycled the power with the screen on. 2. I quickly went to reverse before it powered up. Cycled the power and it was fine.

DrJMS

First Name
Dr. Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2014 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Psychologist
Vehicle Showcase
Today the backup camera stopped working. It goes to a black screen with an "x" in the upper left corner and says enlarge by it. No display all black and the x does nothing.

h
This exact same think happened to my 2020 JT Overland with 7600 miles on it today.........for the second time. Dealer replaced the camera before at around 3400 miles. I really need this safety feature and would like some corrective action from Jeep on this problem. A $56000 Jeep should not have a problem like this.

Kokogarrett

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
My Mojave back up camera has done this about a dozen times! I started recording videos of the whole malfunction and sending them to the dealership. Palmer Dodge said they would “ talk to Chrysler “ and get back to me… that was 8 weeks ago and nothing has been done!! @JeepCares @PalmerJeepRoswell
this is a serious problem and I’m afraid I’m going to hit someone because I’m being deceived by my safety equipment.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My Mojave back up camera has done this about a dozen times! I started recording videos of the whole malfunction and sending them to the dealership. Palmer Dodge said they would “ talk to Chrysler “ and get back to me… that was 8 weeks ago and nothing has been done!! @JeepCares @PalmerJeepRoswell
this is a serious problem and I’m afraid I’m going to hit someone because I’m being deceived by my safety equipment.
Hey Kellie,

Thanks for taking the time to tag us directly and bring this to our attention. We're sorry to learn that you're experiencing concerns with your back-up camera but we can definitely look into this further for you! Please follow up via private messages with your VIN and any relevant information so we can get started.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Mine quit, pulled/reset F97 (power off) works fine.

Brian70LC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
General contractor
Here’s a good one, was reading this thread to find out why my backup camera has not been working for months, have 11,000 miles, stopped working at 2 or 3k…. I pulled f97 and presto!!!! My heater control doesn’t work, nor does my AC!! Ac blows hot only, and my choice on heat is either HI or low…. Oh… and the backup camera still doesn’t work, P.O.S!!!
Sponsored