That seems like a design flaw :movember:
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand you're being very specific with the word fade, however it's still brake fade (reduce in friction) the braking system fades away it doesn't have to be from heat but yes that's most common. Loss of stopping power, or fade, can be caused by friction fade, mechanical fade, or fluid fade.
All of which are caused by heat.

You can call it what you want. You've done an excellent job describing the situation and the things you have done to try to remedy it on your own.

Bad master cylinder?
If the ABS was bleeding off brake pressure, I'm about 80% sure you would hear or feel it working.
Bad brake booster? I don't have any idea how these brakes are boosted. I'm assuming some kind of electric motor.

OP
OP
1is2many

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Construction Planning Supervisor
I don’t know if it matters for this, but why do you put it in neutral to use the brakes?
example would be, riding downhill on a bicycle and trying to stop so you apply the brakes except you keep pedaling. There are times where putting the vehicle in neutral would be the equivalent to stopping pedaling in the given example.

sometimes the diesel in 4low helps control the descent with engine braking and other times it doesn’t.

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I also have experienced this issue. I’ve never opened the brake system but I am running 37s. I’m at 50k miles or so and plan to change pads and rotors this weekend.
Sponsored