First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
So I made my way to Peter's Mill Run in VA today, checked in and started from the south end. About half a mile in, my 3 year old son was asking me to turn back because it was too bumpy. So I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get to finish the trail but I don't want to completely turn the kid off from trail running. Also found out the SD card in my GoPro is shot.
So I start down 81 towards NC and stop at a rest stop and check my email. I have a Badge of Honor email saying I earned the badge for Peter's Mill. Do you really just have to check in at these trails to "earn" the badges?
Sponsored

KAC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Yeah, to be honest, you just have to be at a trail to get credit for it, but I take it as a matter of honesty that I’ll only display a badge for a trail I’ve completely run.

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
Yeah, to be honest, you just have to be at a trail to get credit for it, but I take it as a matter of honesty that I’ll only display a badge for a trail I’ve completely run.
Well, that is somewhat unfortunate to hear. I was figuring it'd track the GPS signal or something since it needs to be on to use the app.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Who can tell me about Crawl Daddy? Is it doable in a stock Rubicon if you pick good lines? I had a guy in a JL with 37's tell me he struggled with a good spotter.

KAC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Just my opinion, but I’d say it’s relatively difficult stock, so expect lots of bumps and scrapes. You will definitely need a spotter.

Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Big trip next week. Bearwallow WV, Windrock TN, Redbird SRA IN. Been doing alot of research on all of em; Youtube, trail maps, rules and regulations. Each is different, and so are the permit prices. Yikes

NewRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, that is somewhat unfortunate to hear. I was figuring it'd track the GPS signal or something since it needs to be on to use the app.
It will only let you check in when your gps signal is on/near the trail. After that, completing the trail is pretty much the honor system.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Who can tell me about Crawl Daddy? Is it doable in a stock Rubicon if you pick good lines? I had a guy in a JL with 37's tell me he struggled with a good spotter.
In my opinion no... I did crawler ridge and trail 11. Walked/spotted for jeepncrowd JTR with 3.5” lift on 37 with belly armor and he was hitting and scrapping on it.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
How bad was it compared to Crawler Ridge? or Crawling for Cops?

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
I've got a stock Willys and am in Ohio. Just found out about the Badge of Honor trails...I feel I'm missing out...might have to convince the wife a little sooner about getting a lift and new wheels

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Fishee you don't need new wheel, find some 'take off' 33's and go. The only thing that I would add is lower control arm skids! Other than that, go super slow across things-dragging is better than slamming.
Go out there and see what upgrades you really need. Then check to see what people are getting rid of here on the forum. You can get some great deals and you can learn by what people are not upgrading.

Hayduke

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I have a similar question to the OP...

I'm in a stock Mojave though.
How hard a rated trail (OnX Offroad ratings) can I do?
We did a 5/10 a couple weeks ago. There was one spot I took a bypass, and we rubbed once in another spot.
I'm in AZ and want to go try the 3 Badge trails here.
I've done Schnebly Hill in my 4runner, but I will go again in the Jeep.
That one I know I can do.
Back way to Crown King worries me a little at 7/10 difficulty.
Table Mesa looks like an easy dirt road, so we might do that on the way to or from Backway to Crown King.

In regards to the discussion about the badges, and if the go with the Jeep or the driver, or even the whole point of it...
We travel in an RV. We used to to an old VW camper. The Jeep was bought to replace it.
We like to visit National Parks and collect the passport stamps. (see https://www.parkstamps.org/index.php)
When I discovered this program, I liked Jeep even more, and I told my wife this is gonna be part of our new travels.
We plan our routes around getting stamps, now we will be adding badges.
For me, it sounds like a fun challenge to collect them all!

One last question, does anyone have pictures of the badges on their tailgate?
I want to put them on the Jeep, but unsure where.
Given my goal to collect as many as I can, I'm not sure the quarter panels have enough room :p

Hayduke

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
as a follow up to my previous post...

a stock Mojave can make it DOWN "Back Way to Crown King". I'm not sure I could have gotten up one or two of those obstacles. I was nervous going down them. I ran into another stock Gladiator on the way down, so we buddied up for the hard part. We met waiting for a traffic jam below us at the 2 hard obstacles.
Sponsored