Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I'm wondering how sticky the steering will be. All of the Taco's I did with just upper uniballs had a hard time going strait till things broke in.
Sponsored

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
Any updates to these solutions. My ball joints are shot at 30K miles, feels like someone is hitting my front axles with a hammer going over small bumps... I am researching solutions.

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Apparently the hemi’s last a long time
You did the Dynatracs, right? How many miles and have you rebuilt them yet?

Seems like rebuilding them will be a requirement regardless of make... I'm between the Dynatrac and the American Iron. Running 37 Wildpeak MT's and Black Rhino Arsenals, heavy setup... and I don't baby her...

Sponsored

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
You did the Dynatracs, right? How many miles and have you rebuilt them yet?

Seems like rebuilding them will be a requirement regardless of make... I'm between the Dynatrac and the American Iron. Running 37 Wildpeak MT's and Black Rhino Arsenals, heavy setup... and I don't baby her...

No I did the American Iron after hearing about the dynatracs wearing out. About 1000 miles and no issues.

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Guys, I had a shop, not naming names at this point, install the American Iron deletes. Drives like shit, and does not look right! Can anyone, @Darkspeed take photos of their setup so I can compare and see what is fucked up here... Looks like they pressed the bottom bearing in the wrong way.
Jeep Gladiator Ball Joint Delete IMG_7886

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
Guys, I had a shop, not naming names at this point, install the American Iron deletes. Drives like shit, and does not look right! Can anyone, @Darkspeed take photos of their setup so I can compare and see what is fucked up here... Looks like they pressed the bottom bearing in the wrong way.
IMG_7886.jpeg
I wouldn't drive on that until it was verified. it looks like it may not be properly installed. im not at home so i cant take photos at the moment. There should be gap between the axle and the knuckle but im not sure it was that big. - i just edited my initial response because i was incorrect

Last edited:

Sponsored

jerjon

First Name
JimmyJones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave, LJ, TJ, SuperTrooper
Occupation
Magician
Dumbest freaking thing I have ever seen..
American iron adapted an off the shelf uni-ball with long bolts maybe some weird adapter and marketed it for the gladiator.. and are making a profit off unknowing folks..
idiotic.. 1. Uni-balls completely unnecessary for 99% of jeep owners.. solid axles don't need the level of rotation these are meant for.. Uni-balls are Designed for IFS and A-arms..mostly trophy trucks.. they're crap for a DD, garbage.., They wear 3 times as fast.. as an off the shelf ball joint would and With the length of those adapted bolts/spacers.. it's likely much weaker than oem.. Some suckers out there buying this garbage..

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Update: @jerjon was not wrong... at least in my experience with the American Iron Gladiator specific Ball Joint Delete Kit.

My was installed with the correct geometry, although likely over torqued. Drove like GARBAGE, no return to center, downright stiff and at times SCARY. Had a reputable shop rebuild them, torque them properly, I broke them in (1k miles according to conversation with AI) and they were still terrible. Replaced with Dynatrak, immediately better.
Sponsored