Ballooning Inventory- sales slowing?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
The best thing they could do is add the auto as standard and Manuel as option. If they knock 2k off the price it would help. Or have The hardtop standard and soft top option. thats why it was so confusing for me when I first started scoping out a jt on the build tool. Want auto tranny 2k added. Want a roof for your truck another 1200 please. Oh we see you want led lights which should be standard now on a 50k truck add another chunk of money . Some of the options should be standard
Yea its the sticking it to you at every piece for more money that is the crazy thing. A lot more stuff should be standard. Better tires, rims, lights all standard on all the models along with automatic.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yea its the sticking it to you at every piece for more money that is the crazy thing. A lot more stuff should be standard. Better tires, rims, lights all standard on all the models along with automatic.
I agree would be a lot more competitive with the completion if certain things came standard at the same price. Especially the damn lights, the level of advanced tech in this thing and it has halogens.... And even some common options from the factory. I was thinking why not offer the Mopar lift from the factory at a reduced cost since it replaces a ton of stuff, and even 35s. All the waste that goes into options that could reduce the overall cost on an order.

OP
OP
aj8544

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
Agree 100% All of the option choices are nice for individualizing what you want- but I think its a bit overdone, probably intentionally so on the JT and serves to drive up the cost. It is also the reason why everytime I talk myself into just going Sport S max tow I end up back at the Rubicon. By the time I option the Sports S to what I want I end up at 50k. Then you realize that for just a little more you get all the Rubicon goodies, including wheels and tires that you can at least be seen driving home from the dealership in.

And... if they would standardize some of the options it seems like it would be alot easier to find decently equipped JTs on the lots rather than the ridiculous combos most dealers currently have.

Speaking of options why is it that on trucks in general the safety bs (which I dont care for anyways) is an expensive option when it is standard on little cars costing 1/2 the price?

In other news- now seeing Rubicons advertised at 6-7k off msrp which is encouraging...

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Agree 100% All of the option choices are nice for individualizing what you want- but I think its a bit overdone, probably intentionally so on the JT and serves to drive up the cost. It is also the reason why everytime I talk myself into just going Sport S max tow I end up back at the Rubicon. By the time I option the Sports S to what I want I end up at 50k. Then you realize that for just a little more you get all the Rubicon goodies, including wheels and tires that you can at least be seen driving home from the dealership in.

And... if they would standardize some of the options it seems like it would be alot easier to find decently equipped JTs on the lots rather than the ridiculous combos most dealers currently have.

Speaking of options why is it that on trucks in general the safety bs (which I dont care for anyways) is an expensive option when it is standard on little cars costing 1/2 the price?

In other news- now seeing Rubicons advertised at 6-7k off msrp which is encouraging...

And thats how I ended up with the Rubi after looking at Max tow a lot. The amount of items that came in the package when I started specking out the sport, then losing options like the 8.4 inch touch screen at the time made it not much more. By custom ordering my Rubicon came in lower than most of the Sport S Max Tows I could find.

The active safety stuff seems like a bad idea on a truck like this. I had that stuff on a van 8 years ago and it would constantly beep at me for crazy reasons. I feel like it would be easy to damage if this truck goes off road, or freak out with a little bit of mud on it.

I will never understand the combos that the dealers have. I agree with you some things need to be more standardized, the way they add 10+K to a car makes no sense to me. The most confusing one to me is in south carolina every single dealer has the could weather group, and almostmost jeeps are hard tops, no dual tops. I get it I am in the northern part of the state, so we do get some cold, just seems strange to have everything on the lot suited for 3-4 of the months of the year.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
The active safety stuff seems like a bad idea on a truck like this. I had that stuff on a van 8 years ago and it would constantly beep at me for crazy reasons. I feel like it would be easy to damage if this truck goes off road, or freak out with a little bit of mud on it.
:clap: :like:

Sponsored

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I second this after having some safety or proximity features on a loaner vehicle. That thing would sing and beep like crazy when picking up food from the drive-thru. Not something I'd want to pay to add to my vehicle...

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

Yea that is kind of what I landed at last night. I put all the stuff I would like to have on Sport S Max Tow and ended up at 50K so I guess for that could get a Rubicon but if I was to decide to live with just the stuff I feel is most important for me then I could be down around the 45K MSRP range.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Safety Pak optional on Durango SRT street machine. Required on the JTR off roader. OK . . .

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I second this after having some safety or proximity features on a loaner vehicle. That thing would sing and beep like crazy when picking up food from the drive-thru. Not something I'd want to pay to add to my vehicle...
Seriously the one on the van would go just bonkers with snow to the point I had to turn it off. The range it would beep at would be like 3 feet so pretty much anytime parking it would go crazy. I am sure they are better now, but given how poorly the Auto Start/Stop is coded on the JT I can't imagine it being well tuned at all.

Safety Pak optional on Durango SRT street machine. Required on the JTR off roader. OK . . .
Of course, how else will you know you are about to run over the rock you are fully intending on driving over...

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
You can even take the safety options and look that there not standard when they should be at least on the Rubicon. All the other car companies the higher trim levels safety and led lights come standard

Reactions: BAT

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might argue that the Safety Pak should be standard on the Overland; not necessarily on the Rubi which (hopefully) will spend time banging and slanging around on the trails.

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

In other news- now seeing Rubicon's advertised at 6-7k off msrp which is encouraging...

Now that is funny!!! LOL
"including wheels and tires that you can at least be seen driving home from the dealership in."

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Until there is an option on the order sheet where you can add 33% more legal payload to the door jamb placard, it will be impossible to compare Sport S Max Tow to Rubicon. MSRP comparisons don't tell the whole story.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I might argue that the Safety Pak should be standard on the Overland; not necessarily on the Rubi which (hopefully) will spend time banging and slanging around on the trails.
I agree, treating the Rubicon as the top trim isn't necessarily the best option. Rubi and Overland (Which they really need to rename given it could never be used for over-landing) are more parallel top level trims. One being off road based and the other being more creature comfort level.
Sponsored

Reactions: BAT