Banks Tuner, iDash, Pedal Monster with Taser

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I was just looking for a splitter of some type....the Tazer as you know doesnt use the OBD but the Banks does. So that answers my question, need a custom cable (ANOTHER ONE), i already have an SGateway extension, then the SG to OBD cable, now I need ANOTHER cable, lol. This 4-way adapter doesnt have a place to tie in the Tazer
Ah... I didn't realize the Tazer didn't have an obd style plug. :( I assume it must plug directly to the Security gateway cables... hmm
Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Yep!! Could be hosed on this one....

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Try this

https://esskcustoms.com/products/ob...70533&pr_ref_pid=7093216313509&pr_seq=uniform

Could use it for the idash. Looks like all it does is source two pins for the obd connector from the raw bus which should be behind your glove box. That is how the stinger heigh10 taps into the canbus as well.

Could just modify your existing obd port as well on your own to tap into the canbus behind the glove box, but probably less hassle to get the prebuilt one.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - I have 2 banks gauge suction cup mounts. If you want them. I wound up doing a more permanent install. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in one or both.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Put my tazer on my 22 ecodiesel with the banks derringer pedal monster and idash AND stinger heigh 10.

No issues on a 250 mile drive.

Interestingly enough the tazer had issues on my 2020 gas model with the stinger. The stinger would not pass boot with the tazer plugged in.

I did not update anything simply moved it to the 2022 ecodiesel and its working?

Hopefully issues dont crop up.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Just got my Banks Derringer and gauge. Looking for a gauge pod to mount on the dash. Any ideas?

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I used a 3 gauge pod for the center of the dash. I simply blanked off 2 of the 3.

Are you on instagram by chance? If you message me i can send you the product links.

It made installation easy. Drill a hole for the wires under what would be the rubber top dash mat. Then if you want to remove it later you just put the mat back in and the holes perfectly covered up.

I went through the firewall grommet on drivers side for the derringer wires. Took about 30 minutes to install the interior portion and an hour to get the plugs done on the back of the motor for the derringer.

Chuck Henson

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 jeep gladiator willys ecodiesel
Occupation
Industrial mechanic
Was the derringer a pain to install? Looks like on the eco diesel the connectors are not easy to get to
Yes it is a bit of a pita to install.

Chuck Henson

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 jeep gladiator willys ecodiesel
Occupation
Industrial mechanic
I don’t know why it worked, but I seem to have fixed mine. I have a Tazer and went into Clear DTCs then cleared ALL DTCs and for some reason it seems fixed.
You can clear DTC's with the i-dash
Sponsored