Banks Tuner, iDash, Pedal Monster with Taser

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Since driving it around, still no more issues. Seems fixed.
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, makes sure to check every fuse and that your PCM is fully secured as well. I had a few random CELs with my diesel jeep and it turn out my PCM wiring harness was not fully connected... my brother had some issues on his JL with loose fuses.. It doesnt have to be by much either. Picture below of my pcm harness. You can see the right side is particularly disconnected from the factory.
Jeep Gladiator Banks Tuner, iDash, Pedal Monster with Taser 20211101_191423

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Ecodiesel
Since driving it around, still no more issues. Seems fixed.
Mine threw the IDash code once more and the Derringer module cut out again. Was just driving around the ranch putting around at 15mph. Called Banks and one of their techs had me go into settings and change the wake up sensitivity to very low on the gauge and also change the start/stop mode to hybrid. Time will tell if it works. I’m also going to check fuses and the ecm connections.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Had an E-Mail exchange with GDE and I am probably going to wait for their tune. They did clear up a few open questions that had some debate on other threads but some interesting bites of information.
Lol GDE is full of the Crayola. It doesn't make it smoke more.

Sponsored

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Derringer has continued to have problems and fault codes. Talked to Banks again and they recommended trying the Derringer without the Tazer module in place. I pulled mine and have been driving it for a wk. Not a single fault with the Banks set up since. Apparently there can be some communication issues with the SGW/ECM with the Tazer unit in place?

Last edited:

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I did nothing that when I installed mine, I had the GWM disconnected and had my BT adapter connected. Idash didnt not work until I plugged the GWM back in..

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I have idash/derringer with tazer installed and no issues yet. Only been about a week and a few hundred miles though. I use aot of the tazer features too. All my firmware has been updated to the latest

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pulled Tazer and any probs with the Derringer never manifested anymore. Updated firmware on Tazer to most recent and for now my issues have seemed to go away. Put it through a cpl sleep cycles as well.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I had a s&$t ton of retro pay coming next month. Might pull the trigger on the derringer. Overall consensus? Everyone loving it?

Sponsored

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Wondering if anybody else has had any errors occur since they installed the derringer. I have had error 3.2: Intermittent module power fault detected. It seems to occur randomly and usually during a longer drive and maybe one out of every four drives. They are sending a replacement module. But in the event the error is on my side, I was curious to see if anybody else has had an issue.
Did you ever get this fixed? I’ve had the same issue

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I had a s&$t ton of retro pay coming next month. Might pull the trigger on the derringer. Overall consensus? Everyone loving it?
Yes, love it everyday. Run it on the highest setting all the time. I love it so much that the $6.30 diesel prices in NJ arent keeping me from flooring it and feeling the torque rush.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I know, old thread, but I dont want the derringer, but I do want the pod mounted gauges from Banks. But I have the Tazer already married up in the OBD port. How does that work? some of the Tazer items require it to be left plugged up, and Im assuming the Banks gauges use the port also.

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I know, old thread, but I dont want the derringer, but I do want the pod mounted gauges from Banks. But I have the Tazer already married up in the OBD port. How does that work? some of the Tazer items require it to be left plugged up, and Im assuming the Banks gauges use the port also.
If you have the security bypass cable like

https://www.amazon.com/Bosting-Adap...42&sprefix=jeep+security+bypas,aps,154&sr=8-3

Then you can have it plug into something like this

https://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Spli...dapter+for+diagnostic+extender,aps,145&sr=8-2

Then you can have both the idash and tazer plugged into the splitter

You can zap strap it behind the panel by your knees so you have easy access to disconnect/reconnect things without taking the panel off.

Not sure how the Tazer will play with both being plugged in, sounds like some have had issues others not.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I was just looking for a splitter of some type....the Tazer as you know doesnt use the OBD but the Banks does. So that answers my question, need a custom cable (ANOTHER ONE), i already have an SGateway extension, then the SG to OBD cable, now I need ANOTHER cable, lol. This 4-way adapter doesnt have a place to tie in the Tazer
Sponsored