First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 790R
Occupation
Funemployed
Does the Tazer Mini prevent the battery maintainer from fully charging the battery? Need to unplug my Tazer if using a battery tender.
Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Tazer Mini prevent the battery maintainer from fully charging the battery? Need to unplug my Tazer if using a battery tender.
Nope. Tazer isn't anything but a stand in programable security module. It cannot interfere physically to stop the battery from charging when there is nothing between the battery and said charger. The truck could disconnect the AUX as i believe there is a vehicle controlled switch between the two but I'm not sure.

OP
OP
Dunks001

Dunks001

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 790R
Occupation
Funemployed
Nope. Tazer isn't anything but a stand in programable security module. It cannot interfere physically to stop the battery from charging when there is nothing between the battery and said charger. The truck could disconnect the AUX as i believe there is a vehicle controlled switch between the two but I'm not sure.
Unplugging the tazer reset the battery tender status bar. There is some connection. I assume the tazer was keeping the systems on and not sleeping.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Unplugging the tazer reset the battery tender status bar. There is some connection. I assume the tazer was keeping the systems on and not sleeping.
Possible, but so far I can't recall anyone complaining about tazer draining or causing a battery drain. Maybe I've just not seen those reports if they exist.
It takes so very little to reset some of the battery tenders. I can disconnect and reconnect almost any modern charger and it wants to start over as if all phases are needed.

Not knowing the brand or capacity of your "battery tender" leaves some room for guessing here.

No, they are constantly connected in parallel as long as the truck is off, or running. It only disconnects the aux battery during an ESS stop or for a brief blip when starting to verify it's there, and voltage.

OP
OP
Dunks001

Dunks001

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 790R
Occupation
Funemployed
@ShadowsPapa its an honor. ??
There were issues with Tazers draining batteries. They did a firmware update for it. I’m going reset tazer firmware and settings for good measure. The “critical” steps at the end might have messed up last time.
Jeep Gladiator Battery Tender with Tazer Mini question 1714447946659-fv

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
@ShadowsPapa its an honor. ??
There were issues with Tazers draining batteries. They did a firmware update for it. I’m going reset tazer firmware and settings for good measure. The “critical” steps at the end might have messed up last time.
1714447946659-fv.png
I don't have a tazer, I have no need or desire for one (as of today), but I observe and see they take any problems seriously and fix anything that is shown to be related to their product. All companies could take note of their support.
Sponsored

Last edited: