Sponsored

Beat by Amazon yet again

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

Deleted member 30519

I ordered some iron cross step bars on Amazon for $340 and the box showed up half torn apart. The hardware box was missing half the bolts, instructions were torn up and step bars are scraped up. Now I have to wait 2 days just for the 3rd party vendor to respond. Amazon is gonna fall off like eBay soon if they keep sending out returned junk to people. This is probably my 4th issue out or my last 7 orders. Not a good percentage rate. Ughhh now I have a couple of huge paper weights in the garage and no protection from rocks with my 35s.
Sponsored

Strick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Paper weight????
That must be some mighty big paper.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I literally just finished putting these on my jeep today. I love the look and function, but let me give you my $0.02.

-the finish on these is shit. Like, really bad. If I continue to like these steps, I will be pulling them back off and having them blasted and Coated properly.

-my box showed up in great shape, but I was still missing hardware. I ended up spending $10 at the local hardware store and replacing everything with grade 8 standard stuff. (Re-used the hardware from my Rubi sliders where possible).

-when you are able to install them, have an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel on hand so you can trim up the brackets you install 3rd from the front on both sides. There is a spot on them that will keep the steps from being pushed as close as possible to the body. I went from a 1/2" gap down to an 1/8" by trimming. This will become very obvious upon installation

If I were in your current position, I would ask for a partial refund, get them powder coated properly, and buy some quality hardware.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I literally just finished putting these on my jeep today. I love the look and function, but let me give you my $0.02.

-the finish on these is shit. Like, really bad. If I continue to like these steps, I will be pulling them back off and having them blasted and Coated properly.

-my box showed up in great shape, but I was still missing hardware. I ended up spending $10 at the local hardware store and replacing everything with grade 8 standard stuff. (Re-used the hardware from my Rubi sliders where possible).

-when you are able to install them, have an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel on hand so you can trim up the brackets you install 3rd from the front on both sides. There is a spot on them that will keep the steps from being pushed as close as possible to the body. I went from a 1/2" gap down to an 1/8" by trimming. This will become very obvious upon installation

If I were in your current position, I would ask for a partial refund, get them powder coated properly, and buy some quality hardware.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm missing 5 of the black 8mm bolts because I only had one. I have to recount the other silver bolts and see what I'm missing . I guess its a waiting game until Amazon gets a response from the 3rd party. I did ask for a partial refund and new hardware so hopefully I get it. I go back to work full time on the 6th so I was hoping to have the protection by then. Maybe I'll have to go buy some hardware like you did. Here's some pics ...

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200530_153841

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200530_152239

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200530_155622

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200530_160618

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200530_114706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say your gripe could be just as much with the shipping company, maybe more than Amazon...

All the shipping companies suck ass.

I pre-ordered a custom guitar pedal from Engl in Germany...Covid-19 happened, and they didn't ship for well over a month. it finally shipped on May 20, coming from Atlanta, and was supposed to arrive on May 22... It didn't, and said it would be "delayed". And now it doesn't even give an estimated delivery date! And I have yet to see my damn package!!!!!!!!!!! That shit was expensive, and I've had that money floating in limbo for almost 2 months now waiting on my package to arrive!

USPS can kiss the fattest part of my ass, as far as I'm concerned.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some iron cross step bars on Amazon for $340 and the box showed up half torn apart. The hardware box was missing half the bolts, instructions were torn up and step bars are scraped up. Now I have to wait 2 days just for the 3rd party vendor to respond. Amazon is gonna fall off like eBay soon if they keep sending out returned junk to people. This is probably my 4th issue out or my last 7 orders. Not a good percentage rate. Ughhh now I have a couple of huge paper weights in the garage and no protection from rocks with my 35s.
The key here is third party vendor. They just sell on amazon. That is why I only buy things recommended by amazon or sold directly by them. Your situation does suck though, but I'd also have a huge gripe with the carrier as well. I'd call and complain and ask for them to rectify the situation, they have offered me $40-$50 worth of Amazon credit before. Hope it works out for you.

Another thing is, I read about the finish on those ironcross side steps and that's why I passed on them and decided on just doing the Rubicon Rails. I'm going to have a company local to me, fab up some quick release steps for mine and some tail light guards.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I think some of these delivery drivers do this shit out of spite. Doing that ensures that they’re going to have to carry that 122lb package at least three times instead of the one. Once for delivery, once for return and once for re-delivery.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I think some of these delivery drivers do this shit out of spite. Doing that ensures that they’re going to have to carry that 122lb package at least three times instead of the one. Once for delivery, once for return and once for re-delivery.
Yup. I'm bummed out now because I have the 35s on and I'm scared to drive it now without the extra protection from rocks. I have a gravel driveway to make things worse.

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
Yup. I'm bummed out now because I have the 35s on and I'm scared to drive it now without the extra protection from rocks. I have a gravel driveway to make things worse.
Get some RokBlokz front flaps. They will arrive in 3 or 4 days. Mine shipped last Tuesday and had them by Friday.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't think it's just amazon. Couple weeks ago I ordered some items from ebay mainly were harnesses, and wiring for my other project car. It was shipped through usps, upon receiving the box it looked like they pried open the box to look at the inside. Nothing was taken so I didn't need to reach out to the shipper.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Funny I am pissed at amazon too... Ordered some soft shackles & they came the wrong size. Got the replacements today & also the wrong size. All going back for a refund now.
But you can order your own dynema and make your own in any size and diameter you need. Check out seattle marine, full selection of color and diameter.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
https://www.seamar.com/item/SAM872-BL-SZ/AMSTEEL-BLUE-ROPE/

https://www.seamar.com/item/SAM30712600/POLYPRO-HB-3-8-X-100FM-GREEN/

Tbe poly pro makes a great abrasion cover. I run the 3/8 over 1/4 amsteel for the light rigging. 1/2 over 3/8 on the heavy.

As for janky amazon. I have had spotty luck for 3rd party fulfilment and with amazon direct. Some things are just built for shit but its a price shop thing, I need x to do y for z and shipped right now; what shows up shows up. Other times its carriers beating boxes to death coupled with poor packing to start.
Sponsored