First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Tattoo Artist
I have the Rugged Ridge hard folding with line-x. We had a nasty storm the other day, pretty heavy rain. I was expecting to see water in the bed, but there was not a drop.
this is one I am strongly considering instead of the mopar. i can get the mopar installed for 500 or buy and install another myself. the top finish on this one looks very nice.

i assume it does lock when the tailgate is locked?

thanks
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I had the mopar hard trifold and was very disappointed. It leaked, and the rails on the sides the bed ate into my interior bed space, and they were flimsy as heck.

i went to the mopar soft rolling and its by far the best cover ive ever had, to the point that nothing else even peaks my interest.

It locks with the bed, and stays shut.

Its water tight

It looks sleek and fits the lines of the truck wether it’s rolled or flat

its 6 bolts total to install…takes no time at all

it handles the snow/ice great

when rolled you get YOUR ENTIRE BED as usable space

there is no velcro to wear out with sun

there are no rails on the side that get in the way and look dumb

its your money but the mopar soft roller is the best bang for buck IMO

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I had the mopar hard trifold and was very disappointed. It leaked, and the rails on the sides the bed ate into my interior bed space, and they were flimsy as heck.

i went to the mopar soft rolling and its by far the best cover ive ever had, to the point that nothing else even peaks my interest.

Its water tight

I'm glad this thread popped up. I've been contemplating a bed cover, but I've never had one before on previous trucks. As the bed for the JT is shallow and short I think I would like to have one as I don't think I will use it to move larger loads regularly like I used to with my previous full size trucks. Since I'm in Texas I'm not too worried about snow or really even rain that often, but I like the idea of somewhat dry storage when you need it. Is the roll up or the trifold a better setup. I think I prefer the look of the soft covers vs hard, but would still like a cover that doesn't flop in the wind. I keep looking at the Mopar soft roll up and it looks to be the winner for a lot of the reasons you indicated.

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
hey everyone... new here. just got a Mojave 2021 2 days ago.
i was supposed to bring it back to the dealer this Friday to get the Mopar cover installed as part of the deal. however, after doing some web searching I have found many who say it leaks and when you live in a place that freezes a lot of the winter that it could make your tailgate not even open due to that. also it seems to need tools to remove the panels easily to have the entire use of the bed for a dirt bike on occasion.

so I have been looking at saying screw it and spending more ( the dealer was doing the mopar for 500 installed) to get the undercover ultra flex with the carpeted back side, led light, and easy removal with just your hands.

i am having a hard time finding anything explaining where the light get power though. does anyone know?

sedond i am considering the rugged ridge or arough country for the ease of removal.

it snows 8 months of the year where I live so waterproofing is important.

so my question to you all is, do I shell out twice as much for the undercover that looks to be the nicest tri fold out there or say screw it and get the mopar for less money?

i figure I already spent this much, i might as well get the nicest and most functional one. i think the undercover is a form of fiberglass too so no dents in it over time.

i have 24 hours to decided. lol
any input would be appreciated.
thank you
"Don't skimp if you gonna pimp"
Anon.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport

Its water tight

I went with the mopar soft cover when I ordered mine mainly because of this "when rolled you get YOUR ENTIRE BED as usable space." I want to be able to easily roll it up without removing and drive when needed.

I love mine and have had no leaks. It looks great with my premium soft top.

It's also the cheapest of the 3 mopar options.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
thanks for all the responses. great and very helpful group.

i forgot to ask, do most of these lock down when your tailgate is locked. i was reading a review on amazon this morning on the undercover and it said "I wish it locked against the back of the bed, but I understand why it doesn’t." which makes it sound like someone could open it right up and steal your stuff.

i know the trifold mopar locks tight.
maybe I should just take the deal but that carpeted look on the undercover looks clean or the textured finish on the rugged ridge.
The Mopar soft tonneau cover "seals" against the tailgate, but isn't lockable.

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
this is one I am strongly considering instead of the mopar. i can get the mopar installed for 500 or buy and install another myself. the top finish on this one looks very nice.

i assume it does lock when the tailgate is locked?

thanks
Yes. It stays locked when the tailgate is locked

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
You can experiment with other covers first and end up invested in only a partial solution or pull the trigger on something that looks like far more than you'll ever need and thank yourself every day! I'm talking about Diamondback. So expensive...way overkill for some, but hands down the best upgrade I've done. You can lock it...it seals relatively well... the deck is completely usable for hauling (the HD version can support ATV right ontop). Seriously, give it some consideration! Plus it looks so badass!

If the price is a bit too tough to swallow, scroll to the bottom of their website and check out the link to their outlet store. There is a few discounted ones in there right now for a JT

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
The soft roll up cover does not lock. Granted it does take a little force to open it, but if someone is willing to pry, it comes right up.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
thanks, that is good to know, as far as you know will it lock when your tailgate is shut and locked so people can't steal from the bed easily? i saw on amazon , a review a guy made it out as if it does not.
Yes it locks with the tailgait closed. But like anything if a thief wants to get in bad enough they will. The harder it is the less temptation.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
for everyone saying it doesn't lock...

It does "lock" in that it is sealed by a lid and not easily opened.

but like another member said, a motivated thief will get past ANY tonneau on the market as far as im concerned. Really just depends on them. I work in a legitimate hood in a violent city and ive never had a single issue. That may be because the locals rather like me, but just the same. No problems with people getting in...and thats even after having video confirmation that guys sometimes roll through our parking lot and try all the handles.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Love my Mopar soft roller. And yes it locks in position. Enough to keep honest people honest at least.
A bed cover could be made of vibranium, and if a thief wants to get in bad enough, he will.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
I think I can raise my soft cover with some force, but don't want to try it and possibly mess it up. Seems like there is enough give there. I'd rather a thief do that than slice into it, but I highly doubt most thieves would figure it could be pried open.

BTW, to seal the soft cover you must lower the tailgate first before securing the cover, then close the tailgate. Otherwise, it opens easily.

OP
OP
Sean Ozz

Sean Ozz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Tattoo Artist
You can experiment with other covers first and end up invested in only a partial solution or pull the trigger on something that looks like far more than you'll ever need and thank yourself every day! I'm talking about Diamondback. So expensive...way overkill for some, but hands down the best upgrade I've done. You can lock it...it seals relatively well... the deck is completely usable for hauling (the HD version can support ATV right ontop). Seriously, give it some consideration! Plus it looks so badass!

If the price is a bit too tough to swallow, scroll to the bottom of their website and check out the link to their outlet store. There is a few discounted ones in there right now for a JT
thanks for the suggestion. looked it over and not a fan of the way it sits and opens. would not work for my needs. thanks though.

OP
OP
Sean Ozz

Sean Ozz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Tattoo Artist
i decided to skip on the mopar trifold hard cover.

narrowed it down to two others that I will look into getting in the next week or two and just install it myself. figure I spent this much already on a majave i might as well shell out a few more for the one I like the over all look and use of the most.
Sponsored