Sponsored

Bed cover with rack

FocoRusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Red
That is the setup I have. Truck Covers USA hard roll cover, Yakima skyline towers, HD crossbars, Yakima LocknLoad platform. The cover does open with the rack installed. Love the setup with a lockable secure cover and the added cargo capacity of the rack. It is expensive, but seems high quality and durable.

I'll get some pics if interested.
Sponsored

Lorenf303

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Occupation
retired
That is the setup I have. Truck Covers USA hard roll cover, Yakima skyline towers, HD crossbars, Yakima LocknLoad platform. The cover does open with the rack installed. Love the setup with a lockable secure cover and the added cargo capacity of the rack. It is expensive, but seems high quality and durable.

Yes, please. Would love to see it!
I am looking at this setup but am getting conflicting

Yes, would love to see your setup. This is what I am currently looking at but am getting conflicting info on fittment.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Screenshot_20200622-083859_Chrome

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Yes, please. Would love to see it!
I am looking at this setup but am getting conflicting

Yes, would love to see your setup. This is what I am currently looking at but am getting conflicting info on fittment.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack AB3B0EAB-3BD8-455C-B63E-27948AA5551E
The feet for those cross bars will not attach, you need something like the rlt-600 for it to be designed for t-slot track systems. Rhino rack had another cheaper foot that will work but isn’t quick disconnect, however now that I have the 600’s, it’s worth the price!

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the attachment adapters for the rlt600-pioneer in today. Due to the distance of the tracts I needed a little modification, but I’ve now got the rack attached directly to the feet, without the need of crossbars. It looks a lot cleaner, and I may order another set of feet so I have the option for rack or bars without any dismantling.

64259DB0-C27B-403F-960E-38E42F300A26.jpeg

68FB8F73-CF20-41E5-923F-10158C4F6A2C.jpeg

022A3A19-45B1-430D-9460-F91B6DDD1AF2.jpeg

Sponsored

RiderDad27

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 7E5EA0C2-5864-4BD5-A708-6B7FB754293A
Work in progress, Stock roll up bed cover is now at the seamstress for a customization that will allow me to put on or off the bed coverand cover the hole when the bed rack is not in used.
I still need to cut the bar to be able to drop it more in the bed!

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something to note now that there are several options for racks, I personally chose the rhino rack over Yakima rack system for two reasons, reason one was low profile with or without side rails (allows larger items like RTT) and the rails run front to back not side to side. Front to back keeps airflow and drag down, and doesn’t whistle. When crossbars go side to wide you’ll get whistling at highways speeds. Not as bad if it’s low mounted on a truck, but it’s noticeable it on a roof or roof height. Additionally the front to back racks I’ve found offer better flexibility for mounting options, and the new version now still has horizontal T-slots at the front and back that make it easier to mount items like bikes.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Just picked up my gladiator. My question is the other way around. What rack fits with the factory tri fold tonneau cover. Plan on carrying kayaks and paddle boards may be an rot,

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Looking at Thule but need suggestions. Also maybe need to carry dirt bikes

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not many options have been found to work with the factory tonneau because of how it mounts and where it sits.

Sponsored

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
So I finally got my brackets fabricated for my Ace Upper Decker.

I still need to prime and paint the whole set-up (bars, towers, hardware), but here is a pic for now.

The Custom Camping Concepts towers (with cross bars)have been welded to a bracket that attaches into the Ace Upper Decker. Total overkill, but each bracket has 4 bolts on top going into the Decker, and 3 (with washers) in the side holes. It is not going anywhere.

When I reinstall, I will probably not even use all of the bolts - depends on how long it takes me to put them on and take them off!

Once I prime and paint, I'll be getting a Roof Top Tent for this, but I'd also be able to use a Roof basket, or anythign I want with those bars.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Jeep with Decker and Bars.JPG

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
I went with the KB voodoo rack, and a Tygar soft roll-up cover. You have to finagle the cover a bit to clear the last crossbar but it’s not really a big deal.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Jeep with Decker and Bars.JPG
would you mind to share the link for the roll-up cover?
Ty

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
would you mind to share the link for the roll-up cover?
Ty
This is the one I bought, though the price has gone up. I paid $125 and even though it says "Max Mate", mine says Tygar. Look around for similar Tygar or Max Mate. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1K4T40/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also did a couple of mods to the clamps to make it fit with the rail system. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-cheap-from-chevy-colorado.19795/post-490023

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
This is the one I bought, though the price has gone up. I paid $125 and even though it says "Max Mate", mine says Tygar. Look around for similar Tygar or Max Mate. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1K4T40/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also did a couple of mods to the clamps to make it fit with the rail system. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-cheap-from-chevy-colorado.19795/post-490023
thank you sir.
the voodo rack can hold a tent?
im looking for a solution like yours, for put a tent on the rack rails or a bike rack, depending the situation.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
thank you sir.
the voodo rack can hold a tent?
im looking for a solution like yours, for put a tent on the rack rails or a bike rack, depending the situation.
They say it can. You can also get a third crossover bar set-up from Voodoo depending on how much you need it to hold. I think they have the specs on their site.
Sponsored