First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Well at least my feet and cups have a light 😂🤣 why they have not fixed this by now I just don’t know. Super pain in the ass
Sponsored

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
So noticed this was never finalized and no one actually did it. I'm guessing that's because the OP picture of "Oracles Gladiator" is actually just a picture of a Ram truck bed. I've been toying with the idea of using a Ram 2500-5500 bed light switch as it is separate from the light. The lights are strictly CAN controlled. Basically if the voltage drop created by pressing the bed lights button in the light control switch can be duplicated using the Ram bed light switch (or any CAN bus style switch that is mommentary for that matter) then, splice that into the Headlamp Switch Mux Circuit, then basiclly it would become a identical signal that the normal dash switch creates and would therefore turn the lights on and off with the exact system as the truck would normally see. Not exactlky easy and need a good Eletrical Guru to really make sure its done right then pass on the information.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Man I had high hopes for this thread. I love my bed lights but they don't stay on long enough. Like when coming out from the store at night and you need to load things into the bed, you unlock with fob, let tailgate down and the bed light comes on for about a minute or less. The light needs to stay on longer. I was hoping jscan had a setting for this but I couldn't find anything.

MLars

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S - Max Tow
Man I had high hopes for this thread. I love my bed lights but they don't stay on long enough. Like when coming out from the store at night and you need to load things into the bed, you unlock with fob, let tailgate down and the bed light comes on for about a minute or less. The light needs to stay on longer. I was hoping jscan had a setting for this but I couldn't find anything.
My thoughts exactly! It would be nice to be able to choose 30 second, 1 minute, or longer "on time". The default is too short.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
My thoughts exactly! It would be nice to be able to choose 30 second, 1 minute, or longer "on time". The default is too short.
Yeah, to that point I am kind of surprised that Tazer hasn't addressed that. I feel like it might be something they could change the time limit on.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Yeah, to that point I am kind of surprised that Tazer hasn't addressed that. I feel like it might be something they could change the time limit on.
Well I ended up getting a tazer mini a couple weeks ago and you can control the bed lights with the keyfob. Here's the section of the instructions relating to bed lights:

Jeep Gladiator BED LIGHT BUTTON FIX!!!!! 1000004811

I haven't tested it out yet but It's really cool all of the things you can do with the tazer.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Well I ended up getting a tazer mini a couple weeks ago and you can control the bed lights with the keyfob. Here's the section of the instructions relating to bed lights:

Jeep Gladiator BED LIGHT BUTTON FIX!!!!! 1000004811

I haven't tested it out yet but It's really cool all of the things you can do with the tazer.
Yeah - its something but not really what I'd be looking for. Everyone wants to use whats there or have the same physical button the Ram had. I don't usually keep my keyfob on me when I am loading/unloading so that doesn't really do much for me. I wish they would just set up where you could adjust the length of time on the timer for the bed lights.

It is what it is - I think we all just live with it at this point.
Sponsored