Bed rack with optional tarp covering?

andru24

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone know if there are any vendors that offer bed racks that also have an option for a snap-on/velcro-on/zipper-on cover for it to basically turn it into a cap? Looking for an option to carry my dog around in but don’t want an all the time cap on it. Was looking at the Softopper as an option but kind of want a rack.
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Kinda thought about this myself. Like a sunshade on a overland rack to protect the gear a bit from the sun and rain.

You mentioned the @Bestop softtopper cap. This gives me the idea of whether you could by just the skin and mount THAT to an overland rack to have just the sun shade or roll down the front, back and sides to have the soft enclosure. Basically having their convertible softtopper but have a permanent solid frame that you can mount gear onto instead of their foldable one. Maybe @Bestop can chime in as to the availability of buying just the vinyl skin. I may be making my own custom rack anyway and could make it to fit their vinyl if they’d sell it.:idea:

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
Maximus- 3 is introducing an overland rack this week that has an optional canvas cover.

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
Just scroll down to the Sponsor area. Maximus 3 is a sponsor here. Just click on maximus three. Then click on the trifecta of rack solutions post. There are 18 pages about their racks. I've been waiting since SEMA to get their overland rack. They say the production version will be released this month. The prototype looks awesome.

Sponsored

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am looking into a canvas covering as well. I have a half rack, but want a cover I can snap on or Velcro on to keep trail dust and dirt from coating everything in the bed. Let's research this. I imagine there are vendors or DIY types here who can help us out.

Stark25

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 overland
Occupation
Electrician supervisor
Any luck yet? Wondering if there is a option out there?
Sponsored