Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I‘m working with Rob at turtleclick now On a new diesel. Man, I‘ve bought many cars in my life. This looks like it’s going to be the easiest process ever.
Almost done finalizing my options but here’s a preview.

82F41867-21FC-4F74-A93C-F0ADB78FBBD2.png
Sponsored

loud0g40oz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
San Diego here, no luck the past 2 months. Probably going to go out of State. I got an offer of 4% on an order but I just think that's high given the market. I see these Gladiators sitting on local dealer's lots for months yet they insist they're "really hot, selling like hot cakes MSRP is the best we can do".
I considered doing that, but there are some factors that chip away at the savings. Plane tickets, gas, value of personal time, etc. In the end, I took the 4% from Rob who's 10 minutes away. For a no hassle local SoCal deal that's more than fair, especially given the current supply situation.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I considered doing that, but there are some factors that chip away at the savings. Plane tickets, gas, value of personal time, etc. In the end, I took the 4% from Rob who's 10 minutes away. For a no hassle local SoCal deal that's more than fair, especially given the current supply situation.
When did you order? I’m working with Rob now. Anything I should know regarding supply chain issues?

loud0g40oz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
When did you order? I’m working with Rob now. Anything I should know regarding supply chain issues?
I ordered on March 31, and my G arrived today. I’m not picking up until Tuesday but that’s just a scheduling thing

There are chip shortages that are affecting all new vehicles, though some models more than others. Toyota, Ford, and Ram trucks seem to be the worst right now. I was lucky and sold my 2019 4Runner to Carvana for 2k over the original MSRP. So I drove it for free for 16 months and sold it for 5k over what I paid new. The same dealer (known to be the best no hassle price in So Cal, similar to Rob) is currently selling their new 4Runners at 4K over MSRP. All of this is due to a vehicle shortage caused primarily by a chip shortage.

So with that in mind, 4% under invoice for no haggling, no plane tickets, no 6-18 hour drive there/back, and no $400+ doc fee is a no brainer to me. Obviously others feel differently and that’s fine. I’m just sharing the factors that made my decision easy.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Ordered with Rob today. theres a $3,000 local incentive till 5/17. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so. 👍

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Ordered with Rob today. theres a $3,000 local incentive till 5/17. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so. 👍
So you got the $3K kicker on top of his 4% below invoice? I was gonna buy from Gupton and visit family in Arkansas on the way back to SoCal, but if the $3K is on top of his 4% effe them, lol.

Waiting to hear back from Rob, emailed him this morning.

RobTrachtman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Rob Trachtman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Hydro Blue
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
I am late to post a review on my purchase through Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click Irvine. 4% below invoice. I had some delays with the train on my Sarge green Willys. Not at all the dealers fault for the delays on the train to California. Everything with Rob and the others at Tuttle Click was spot on. No BS, no crazy fees added on, no strings and no pressure to buy any add ons. This is how all car dealers should be.
Thank you again!

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
We should have organized a SoCal group buy from Kent at Petersen in Boise. Then also did a group-buy on a tractor-trailer transport to bring them all from Boise to the L.A. area for a $500 each.

This way we could have also asked Petersen to develop a big banner to hang off the side of the transport that said "Hey L.A. area Jeep dealers...here's what we think of your $10K+ markups! With love from Idaho..." A few phone calls to some local TV stations and we just might be able to open some eyes here in L.A.

But I'm cool with making the trip to Boise as I get a much needed vacation out of it.
thats what I did with my JTM, i freaking hate dealerships. It feels like they are legal con artists who are there rip people off whenever the chances come across to them.

picked up my JTM from Utah, drove 10 hours back to CA. Totally worth it considering i got the car for $49015 after the rebate for the car has msrp of $60600

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Also picked up my order through Rob at Tuttle click a couple weeks back. Well worth the drive and hands down the easiest car purchase I’ve ever made. Hoping this thing lasts for decades but when it’s time to buy, I know where I’m going.

dstock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKUR, 2006 Jeep LJ
Any recent updates? Shopping for a Gladiator and haven't ordered a Jeep since 2013!

Redlands is my closest Jeep dealer but I have not discussed pricing with them as of yet.

Thanks for any info!

Sponsored

RickssGlad

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
I used a local broker here in SoCal and was able to get 8% off MSRP
Shoot me a DM I'll send the info

4MOTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 2021 ECD ) A90 Supra, Kia Niro
I bought my Gladiator HA Diesel At Shaver Thousand Oaks.
I live near Redlands and while I was on the Hunt, I checked everyone with in a 100 mile radius.

All were playing games in my opinion except for:
JACLYN PIEPER
SALES MANAGER
323-834-AUTO (2886)

I told her what I was looking for, was willing to pay, (No Addendum, No MSRP) and told her I was willing to make the drive for the deal we had agreed upon through email. She honored the Tread Lightly and "bobs your uncle",, I got my buddy.

And this was in July of this year.

To be fair, Orange Coast, "was willing" to accept Tread Lightly on a Sarge Rubicon Wrangler Diesel.
But while there, I decided I wanted a Gladiator.

Jeep Gladiator Best Deals at Dealerships here in Socal 2021 Overland

Jeep Gladiator Best Deals at Dealerships here in Socal baymax jt

Last edited:

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@4MOTION that same dealer, Shaver, was my neighborhood dealer. Two years ago when I went in there they were playing the $10K+ above stocker game. That why I went to Idaho to get mine (read earlier posts in this thread) and let Shaver do the post purchase oil changes.

What % over/under invoice (not MSRP sticker) did you buy it for?

4MOTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 2021 ECD ) A90 Supra, Kia Niro
@4MOTION that same dealer, Shaver, was my neighborhood dealer. Two years ago when I went in there they were playing the $10K+ above stocker game. That why I went to Idaho to get mine (read earlier posts in this thread) and let Shaver do the post purchase oil changes.

What % over/under invoice (not MSRP sticker) did you buy it for?
MSRP was $64,600
And I negotiated $54,600
Before ttl fees +$2000 rebate.
If I'm remembering well, 3%.

2wodogz

First Name
Stout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
You negotiated that much off the thousand oaks dealer? How'd you do so im looking to purchase in that area of socal.

MSRP was $64,600
And I negotiated $54,600
Before ttl fees +$2000 rebate.
If I'm remembering well, 3%.
Sponsored