Sponsored

Bestop-How about this type of top for the Gladiator?

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
This is just an idea, but I would like to see a top like the Trektop on a JL but on a Gladiator.
I'm wondering if it could be done. I know years back on the Hummer H3T there was a soft top made that had a slant back from the back of the cab area and went all the way to the tailgate. It was a regular soft top up front and used bows/brackets like the Trektop to hold the back of the top in place over the bed.
I'll have to see if I can draw up a pic of what I'm thinking.......
If they would come up with something like that I would definitely buy one.....or even test one out for them!
Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I ran a fastback for years. And other than the looks, there was just no upside to them. I eventually swapped it for a regular soft top and got all that usable space back.

I'm guessing anyone that got the truck wants usable space. But I could be wrong. Haha.

But yeah, let's see the design. Might be awesome!
👍

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
This is just an idea, but I would like to see a top like the Trektop on a JL but on a Gladiator.
I'm wondering if it could be done. I know years back on the Hummer H3T there was a soft top made that had a slant back from the back of the cab area and went all the way to the tailgate. It was a regular soft top up front and used bows/brackets like the Trektop to hold the back of the top in place over the bed.
If they would come up with something like that I would definitely buy one.....or even test one out for them!
Hey Brandie,
We've certainly discussed this idea but I can't say it's high up on the list right now. Thanks for the input though!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
https://www.amazon.com/Products-139035-Trailview-2020-2022-Gladiator/dp/B09TN8B4JZ?th=1

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
Jeep Gladiator Bestop-How about this type of top for the Gladiator? 1701378909745

I have been seriously considering this top as a alternate for my hard top. Pretty flippin close t teh trek top. It does all the same things. Sunrider up front, Bimini all around and completely off. It evel rolls up and sits on teh top of the sound bar. Not an ugly clump of fabric on the truck bed.

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Not exactly. More like this.
IMG_0289.jpeg

Not sure my rendering skills are up to par:CWL:. Maybe Bestop can send this down to the boys in production.
That is a mighty fine drawing right there. Did you create the cyber truck concept as well?!

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
@High Alextude seems like you should head over to the ‘Pub’ you would be welcome there.
O, I am sure you can find it. 😉

Sponsored

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
The problem I see with joining the main cabin and bed space is the bed is not water or dust-proof. Even with the top in place, you will be filling the inside of the cab with all the junk sucked into the bed through the tailgate, drain holes, and the gap between the cab and bed.
The advantage of the truck for me is putting all my crap in the bed and not having to hear it rattle, trying to stretch a tent over both defeats the advantages of having them compartmentalized with no real benefit.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
Not exactly. More like this.
Jeep Gladiator Bestop-How about this type of top for the Gladiator? 1701378909745

Not sure my rendering skills are up to par:CWL:. Maybe Bestop can send this down to the boys in production.
I see. a soft top and bed cover extension. They could zipper or velcro over lap between bed and cab. This would give the appearance of a traditional bed cap. separate but joined, completely independent of each other but create a seamless type gap

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole

I have been seriously considering this top as a alternate for my hard top. Pretty flippin close t teh trek top. It does all the same things. Sunrider up front, Bimini all around and completely off. It evel rolls up and sits on teh top of the sound bar. Not an ugly clump of fabric on the truck bed.
I have one of these Rugged Ridge tops, and my only complaint is they are very flappy/loud... almost quieter with the sunrider section open. The initial install took a couple hours, but now that it is assembled, it takes more time to install the hard top than it does to install this.

I got mine at PCB Jeep Jam this summer from the Truck Hero booth for $500...

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
I have one of these Rugged Ridge tops, and my only complaint is they are very flappy/loud... almost quieter with the sunrider section open. The initial install took a couple hours, but now that it is assembled, it takes more time to install the hard top than it does to install this.

I got mine at PCB Jeep Jam this summer from the Truck Hero booth for $500...
cool, would be nice to see some pictures of it on a "real" Jeep and not a manufacturer stock photo.