Sponsored

Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Damn…
I can tell a lot of you guys have never driven with or don’t remember sealed beams!

Kevin
OK.

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? 1670798068157

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? 1670798281052

Round sealed beams, anyone??

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? javelin-new-tires008

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? 73-jav

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? 1670798582993

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? 1670798714777

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? bill-1988

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? white-amx-101

The only ones of the above that were not "winter cars" were the mosport green 1970 and the maroon 1973.
Sponsored

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Emergency Medicine
Not getting the LED package might be the single dumbest think you can do when getting a Jeep and I should know….my 22 overland had stock halogens. The amount of issues I had with multiple different brands of LED lights is crazy. I ended up buying the factory LED’s and could be happier. What’s nice about the 22 Gladiators is that they are already factory wired for the Halo’s (4 wires to the headlight harness.) Older gladiators required you run a wire. Now it’s just install and flash the PCM to activate LED’s and you are done.

bilib54

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator, 19 Buick Tourx, 62 Dodge lancer
Occupation
retired
AUXITO (?) LED bulbs from amazon worked for me. Big improvement. Got fogs too.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I could look in the windshield of an oncoming car at night in the 70s and see who was driving.
Those old headlights were like candles 😂

Sponsored

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did I get blessed by the lucky headlight elf or something? Everyone complains about the stock headlights, but mine are just fine. Why are yours so dim? Here's a pic with just the stock low beams and fog lights on.... (sorry for the blurriness, the phone was touching the steering wheel)

Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? PXL_20221214_112210821

and there isn't much difference with the fogs off.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Did I get blessed by the lucky headlight elf or something? Everyone complains about the stock headlights, but mine are just fine. Why are yours so dim? Here's a pic with just the stock low beams and fog lights on.... (sorry for the blurriness, the phone was touching the steering wheel)

PXL_20221214_112210821.jpg

and there isn't much difference with the fogs off.
Not everyone rocks the HD Vision night glasses like you 😆

SmugAlarmedIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
I have been flashed a lot. In fact coming back from a long trip last month I was pulled over by a Texas State Trooper for my lights being to bright and blinding him. Once I proved that they are even brighter on High beam he let me go with the request to get them adjusted.

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I get flashed quite a bit with my factory LED's. I don't think the cutoff is as sharp as other vehicles I've owned, allowing a little light to scatter above. Its not lifted outside of what the 35's got me, making it "factory rake", so likely not alignment related. I have observed that if I am traveling on anything but flat ground, the moment my light cutoff passes into the eye balls of oncoming traffic, I get the big left stick middle finger. I rented a JK in Maui with JK speaker headlights in it. Dont recall them being outstanding, but also dont recall them making it hard to see.

Whatever you do, please dont put HID's or LED bulbs in the factory halogen housings. They usually don't perform well by scattering light in all directions, especially the eyes of oncoming traffic, and usually not where you need it...right in front of you.

@ShadowsPapa An AMC guy i see! My father has owned his all original 1960 Rambler Rebel since he was 16 years old (he is now 61). I have been to countless shows and even attended the 100 year Kenosha show in 2002. Originating in RI, the road trip in that car was one I will never forget!

EDIT: apparently my dad's car is on the wiki page...cool!
Jeep Gladiator Better cost-effective aftermarket alternative to factory headlights? 1671477254812

Last edited:

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
I've never understood all the complaining about the halogen headlights in Jeeps. The halogen lights in my Gladiator are more than bright enough as we're all of the halogens in my previous Jeeps.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I've never understood all the complaining about the halogen headlights in Jeeps. The halogen lights in my Gladiator are more than bright enough as we're all of the halogens in my previous Jeeps.
I agree somewhat but properly design LED's have surpassed halogens on so many levels. I am fine with my Halogens with the upgraded Sylvania Ultra bulbs but any less, they suck.

Sort of like the Maglite three D cell flashlight I bought in the middle 1990's that had a Krypton Incandescent bulb and thought it was a torch using it at work. Probably have not used it in 7+ years because LED tech flashlights have surpassed it in all regards.

Last edited:

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer

Deleted member 52392