BF KO2 37" Load C vs Load D

jeepjonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I was planning on ordering the BF KO2 37" tires in Load C as they weigh less than load D. However I noticed the Load D currently cost less. I was under the impress that Load D is a better tire but weights more. I will offroad but nothing major. 90% of the time on the road. Any advantages going with either or?

Just curious what load most folks are going with when choosing the 37" KO2's

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 2.27.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 2.27.27 PM.png
Sponsored

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
If you plan on towing or offroad alot I'd go load D if not save yourself some weight and get the load C

redline61

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Rotational weight is the killer of MPG's, brake performance, and power. The C2 is a factory Raptor 37 package tire. Now, there isn't a massive weight difference if I remember right between these two tires. I wouldn't stress too much, but when I buy tires, I hyper focus on weight. If you were off-road a lot, or towing a lot then I would consider it more.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I think the C might ride better, road. I did E on 35s, BFG AT2s. The E was for a much heavier or more off roaded truck. You will be better then me for comfort with the D or C.

Kajo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Soldier
I have the 37" load range Cs on my Gladiator on stock Rubicon rims and chose that package based on the rotational weight savings and that I try to keep a light payload while wheeling. So far with 8,000 miles on them I have been impressed including wheeling at Windrock, Uwharrie, AOAA and a few camping trips in GWNF. They are smooth and quiet on the Highway and regularly see 8th gear on relatively flat ground.

Also, I bet there will be a sale at Discount tire for Columbus day and if you buy with their credit card you get another discount.

Sponsored

bridluz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Billet Silver
I have C load. I have done a lot of off-roading (Moab, Arkansas, Texas Hill Country) and they have performed very well. I have also towed a boat a few times. No issues.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
Funny you bring this up. I just purchased some BFG 37X12.50X17 KO2 a week ago. I wanted the Load C for the weight savings, but they were more expensive. So I went with the D's. Discount had some kind of sale and I received I believe $100 off.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
A gladiator gas jeep only runs about 4600lbs for weight. Load range C more than covers it and it will ride MUCH better!

Load range D will also not flex enough when you run lower tire pressures offroad (not something you plan to do).

That said usually a D is higher ply and actually a little bit tougher sidewalls.

Randonexplosion

First Name
Randon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I had planned on the load C but I wasnt paying attention when my local store was price matching. They actually already had a better price than Northridge but I ended up with load D. I'm glad I did since I tow a dump trailer and tend to overload my bed. The diesel doesnt seem to mind the extra few pounds of the heavier tire.

Sponsored

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I have the D2's on mine on stock rubicon rims. I wasn't too concerned about the weight difference and wanted the extra sidewall protection from the D2.

Also, notice the C2 tire is all-black lettering where the D2 is white. I ended up mounting mine backwards so you can't see the white lettering (unless you look closely underneath the truck - which you can barely see on the passenger tire in my profile pic). Maybe another deciding factor...

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Load range D will also not flex enough when you run lower tire pressures offroad (not something you plan to do).
This is my experience. I don't get much noticable difference in traction between 40 and 18 lbs. I'm also disappointed with the mileage. However, mines a diesel and my work truck and going everywhere with roughly 300-400 lbs in the bed everyday, the ride on the road is great and the wear is excellent.
Sponsored