Sponsored

bigger tires on unlifted Sport S

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Today I saw a Sport Max Tow with 37” Toyos. No lift. Rubicon wheels with spacers to prevent rub, they stuck out about 1-2” from the stock Sport fender. Here is a pic of it

4RZOq78vO3g9UP23dHfpnqqPSkY&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
now this setup is messing me up. do you thing stock tires 17x7.5 is gonna be fine road and towing? how much wheel spacer do I need for this setup? 1 3/4" maybe?
Sponsored

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I cant recall. But when I met him he had on Rubicon wheels. This pic is from his profile elsewhere
Thanks. I think I might go this route since I'm not gonna rock crawl mine and planning to just add iron rock 2 1/2" spacer lift until the 3 yr warranty and start getting crazier from there. But wheel spacers is a must to clear. I hope the towing is not gonna be that bad.
What setup are running right now?

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Thanks. I think I might go this route since I'm not gonna rock crawl mine and planning to just add iron rock 2 1/2" spacer lift until the 3 yr warranty and start getting crazier from there. But wheel spacers is a must to clear. I hope the towing is not gonna be that bad.
What setup are running right now?
For 37s? Maybe. I have heard mixed reports on 35s and stock sport rims on a stock Sport Max Tow (no spacers, no lift). Should have mine on Tuesday or Wednesday and will go wheeling Saturday

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
running 37x12.5 falken wildpeak mud terrains on stock sport s wheels (17x7.5), they look awesome, they have a narrow 10" treadwidth so look like pizza cutters, i have narrow axles so had to add some 1/2" diecast wheel spacers and put about 4 washers under each steering stop to keep from rubbing on control arms...either the spacers or some washers under the steering stops likely all that would be required on a max tow or rubicon with the wider axles...the money i'm saving on carwashes is incredible, just the sidewall pokes, the very edge of the tread is right at the very edge of the fenders at the top center of fender (so i have the equivelant of +32 offset on narrow axles...or i'm basically now same width as stock wheels on the wide axles), super happy with my set up, you can see it on instagram @gladiatoryyc

mind you the sport s (non-max tow) and overland non-max tow have the narrowest fender options, so the poke would be equivelant of those narrow fenders on a max-tow/rubicon...the rubicon fenders are the widest, so one may need a bit less offset to get the same amount of poke...clear as mud?

Caddyman1961

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
37’s on a Max Tow with no lift. Fenders are split and I’m running AAL fender braces up front. I need to order inner fenders ASAP

1A124E33-EBAC-4ABB-B3CE-118C3F31719C.jpeg

Sponsored

20GobiGladi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hey guys, I'm new to the Jeep scene. My Gladiator Sport should be delivered to the dealership within the next few weeks. It's about as stock as it gets. 3.73 rear axle ratio and 17x7.5 stock wheels. I'm not going to lift it or put new wheels on it for now. However, I do want to put some big beefy tires on it. This is strictly to look cool. I won't be doing much offroading or much highway driving. The dealer gave me some options of different tires with all the sizes being 285/70/R17. I've looked over this site quite a bit trying to figure out what would look the best without any modifications. Basically I want something that fills up most of the wheel well (without rubbing of course) and I wouldn't mind if the tires stick out a little bit on the side. I like the looks of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Kenda Klever's.

So- would any of these sizes work with what I'm looking for on a stock rim with no lift? 285/75/17, 295/70/17 or 305/70/17?

Thanks in advance.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Hey guys, I'm new to the Jeep scene. My Gladiator Sport should be delivered to the dealership within the next few weeks. It's about as stock as it gets. 3.73 rear axle ratio and 17x7.5 stock wheels. I'm not going to lift it or put new wheels on it for now. However, I do want to put some big beefy tires on it. This is strictly to look cool. I won't be doing much offroading or much highway driving. The dealer gave me some options of different tires with all the sizes being 285/70/R17. I've looked over this site quite a bit trying to figure out what would look the best without any modifications. Basically I want something that fills up most of the wheel well (without rubbing of course) and I wouldn't mind if the tires stick out a little bit on the side. I like the looks of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Kenda Klever's.

So- would any of these sizes work with what I'm looking for on a stock rim with no lift? 285/75/17, 295/70/17 or 305/70/17?

Thanks in advance.
I have a Sport with SL 285/70r17 Cooper AT3 4S but I'm thinking of getting either the Toyo Open Country AT3 285/75r17 or the Kenda Klever 35x10.50r17. The Toyos are C rated and pretty much every other 285/75r17 are E rated, and I don't really need E rated. Of course the Kendas are also E rated. I've run E rated tires on previous Wrangler so it's really not a big deal.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I have a Sport with SL 285/70r17 Cooper AT3 4S but I'm thinking of getting either the Toyo Open Country AT3 285/75r17 or the Kenda Klever 35x10.50r17. The Toyos are C rated and pretty much every other 285/75r17 are E rated, and I don't really need E rated. Of course the Kendas are also E rated. I've run E rated tires on previous Wrangler so it's really not a big deal.
If your sport doesnt have max tow I would go for the Kendas