First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Is anyone running the 5100 series shocks on there Gladiator? Just curious as it seems the fox 2.0 are the competition to these.
Sponsored

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Is anyone running the 5100 series shocks on there Gladiator? Just curious as it seems the fox 2.0 are the competition to these.
I installed the 2” mopar lift with the Fox shocks on my JT about 1 1/2 yrs ago. No complaints. Switched to the 5100’s a couple weeks ago after talking to the Bilstien rep at the Jeep Haritage Festival.
The ride on-road is almost identical. They do seem a little better when it comes to wheel hop at highway speed. Like when you’re going on a curve over those expansion joints.
I did some pretty aggressive off road at the Jeep jamboree this past weekend and they worked great. All the off roading I do is slow driving. Like crawling. I can’t provide any opinion regarding high speed off road.
If they continue to perform the same over the long term, I will definitely buy them again I ended up buying a set of 4 from Northridge for 2” lifts and I think it was about $400 delivered. Might have been less with a discount that I had?? Anyway, can’t beat the price and the performance seems equal.

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
I installed the 2” mopar lift with the Fox shocks on my JT about 1 1/2 yrs ago. No complaints. Switched to the 5100’s a couple weeks ago after talking to the Bilstien rep at the Jeep Haritage Festival.
The ride on-road is almost identical. They do seem a little better when it comes to wheel hop at highway speed. Like when you’re going on a curve over those expansion joints.
I did some pretty aggressive off road at the Jeep jamboree this past weekend and they worked great. All the off roading I do is slow driving. Like crawling. I can’t provide any opinion regarding high speed off road.
If they continue to perform the same over the long term, I will definitely buy them again I ended up buying a set of 4 from Northridge for 2” lifts and I think it was about $400 delivered. Might have been less with a discount that I had?? Anyway, can’t beat the price and the performance seems equal.
Thanks a lot!!! So I’m guessing you got the 2-3 inch lift version? I’m thinking with my Clayton 2.5 lift which is actually like 3.5 I should get the 2-3 front shocks with the 3-4.5 rears.
thats the closest specs to the fox 2.0 2-3 inch shocks.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
They are generally a pretty firm ride, I have had them in the past on other trucks, if you are an area that uses salt in the winter they really corrode and look terrible after a few years.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I have them on mine. I really like them a lot. The on road behavior is fantastic. Compared to the stock Fox on the jtr, there is no more excessive sway or lean. I get that the jtr isn’t a rally truck, but for long distance highway driving, the sway was incredibly taxing in the body. Offroad they keep the wheels planted and are a great complement with the eibach 2” springs I have on the truck.

I ordered mine from Bilstein lifts .com and they were quick and a great price. If you have used old man emu shocks in the past, that is the best comparison I could make. Good on the road and good offroad.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
They are generally a pretty firm ride, I have had them in the past on other trucks, if you are an area that uses salt in the winter they really corrode and look terrible after a few years.
I never sea salt hear. Pun intended

Reactions: Mac

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Bilstein 5100 are a steel body shock vs fox 2.0’s aluminum body shock. The aluminum will dissapate heat better

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Thanks a lot!!! So I’m guessing you got the 2-3 inch lift version? I’m thinking with my Clayton 2.5 lift which is actually like 3.5 I should get the 2-3 front shocks with the 3-4.5 rears.
thats the closest specs to the fox 2.0 2-3 inch shocks.
This is the set I purchased.
87BB80F2-F596-4900-96B2-03FEA894D216.jpeg

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
1 year on them, stiffer than the rest but I have no complaint. On a 4.5“ evo kit diesel spec

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
United States Marine Corps
I had the factory Fox shocks and swapped them for 5100s. The Fox's were too bouncy for me. I prefer the 5100s ride especially when loaded.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I've had them for about a year.

Slightly firm ride. Still pretty comfortable.

I have used them before on a TJ. I liked them enough to use them again.
Sponsored