First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Extrusion team Lead
did some laundry this morning. while setting around waiting for it to finish to get my day started my alarm kept going off. I would run out side and nothing. come back in, it goes off again. hmmm so i google why this would happen. i was looking at the comments ant thought Iam not ready for this crap. goes off again. I go back in the house house to get some tools to disconnect the battery. my laundry is done I decide to take it out of the dryer while doing this I find my key in my pants pocket. I guess while it was tumbling around it was some ho hitting the panic button and setting it off and stopping it. How it was hitting the panic button i have no idea, but I did find out the key fob is water tight.
Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
If it makes you feel better, I have had my wallet run through the wash a time or two over the years.
Laundering money I see...I'm tellin' :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it makes you feel better, I have had my wallet run through the wash a time or two over the years.
You do know that money laundering is illegal....... watch for the MIB to pull into your driveway now.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Pisses the wife off when loose change gets in the washer or dryer.
First wifey had a coffee can with a top that had a slot cut into it. When she found any money in the wash. It would go into the coffee can. My daughter was the biggest donator to it. When the wifey passed away. I counted over $100 in it.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I always wondered why my ex-girlfriends wanted to do my laundry until I was single for awhile and did it myself, they were making bank! I usually find at least $20 every time.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
When I was snot nosed punk around 3rd grade I used to go into the hills behind our house and shoot my BB gun. Well, I had left a pocket full of BB's in my jeans and they went through the washer. Those little BB's were stuck in the dimpled drain holes of the washer, jammed in tight. Mom gave me a ice pick to try to dislodge and remove those little bastards, took me hours. I used her Electrolux vacuum and a ice pick. She never made a fuss about it, she said "go look in the washing machine", I did, came back and she handed me a ice pick.

Viperstrike

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ 5sp, 2005 TJ 6sp, 2022 JT 6sp
Occupation
retired
Picked up a pile of my military uniforms off the floor and threw in the washer. Load banging on spin cycle. Yep, my combat boots were in the pile. Was never asked to do laundry again. Not the only bone headed thing I've done.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
Things going through the wash:

My wife loaded up the washer one day and ran the load. Then she went to transfer the load into the dryer - I heard a blood-curdling scream from the garage and went out to see what was going on. She said she reached into the washer to grab the clothes and grabbed what felt like a furry blanket or something. Then she looked and saw she was holding on to a very dead possum! The thing had somehow gotten into the washer and must have died because we both figured it would have made some noise if it felt clothes being thrown on top of it.

So, she re-washed that load and the possum ended up in the garbage!

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
did some laundry this morning. while setting around waiting for it to finish to get my day started my alarm kept going off. I would run out side and nothing. come back in, it goes off again. hmmm so i google why this would happen. i was looking at the comments ant thought Iam not ready for this crap. goes off again. I go back in the house house to get some tools to disconnect the battery. my laundry is done I decide to take it out of the dryer while doing this I find my key in my pants pocket. I guess while it was tumbling around it was some ho hitting the panic button and setting it off and stopping it. How it was hitting the panic button i have no idea, but I did find out the key fob is water tight.

They are not watertight !! . I waded in to unhook a jetski and my pocket got wet and made my fob stop working . Luckily the wife says look in the manual to troubleshoot and sure enough you can use a dead fob to get it going again by pushing the start button with the corner of the dead fob . There was water inside so it is not watertight but does have a rubber seal . I tried it many times over the following couple weeks and nothing . 3 months later after we move I try it and works fine now .( It is the backup fob now )

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
They are not watertight !! . I waded in to unhook a jetski and my pocket got wet and made my fob stop working . Luckily the wife says look in the manual to troubleshoot and sure enough you can use a dead fob to get it going again by pushing the start button with the corner of the dead fob . There was water inside so it is not watertight but does have a rubber seal . I tried it many times over the following couple weeks and nothing . 3 months later after we move I try it and works fine now .( It is the backup fob now )
Same mine croaked after wading out about waist deep. Dealer replaced it under warranty but had to wait like a month for a new one to come in..
Sponsored