Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
@NJ_Mojave Even the OP doesn't give a shit about your answer. Sorry

Your attitude through this whole process has been highly unproductive to say the least.

Actually he PM’d me…lol…but ok…lol

Like I said before or maybe I haven’t…I could care less about what you have to say. You have already proven to that you are beyond incompetent to understand.

Hey…wait….didn’t you tell me I was annoying and to go away…lol…don’t tell me you tried to google the right answer too lol
Sponsored

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Definitely will be trying this one.
It doesn't even have to be the little "key" looking thing. Just a simple (short) seat belt extender will do the same thing. Then you are covered whether you have the belt on or off. PS....It also eliminates that annoying seat belt warning light and beeper.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Actually he PM’d me…lol…but ok…lol

Like I said before or maybe I haven’t…I could care less about what you have to say. You have already proven to that you are beyond incompetent to understand.

Hey…wait….didn’t you tell me I was annoying and to go away…lol…don’t tell me you tried to google the right answer too lol
He's right man, you need to chill out here. If you're willing to help the community then help. But don't sit back and say nobody understands, they're idiots and incompetent, and you'd need crayons to communicate with them, and then not provide any help at all. You're letting your ego get in the way of what could be informative for a lot of people if true. We've provided a ton of useful information, but have gotten none in return.

I reached out and offered an explanation to why you're confused on the question. You took it as an insult rather than the helpful information it actually was and started attacking me as well. Why? We're all here to help and discuss the topic, but you've made repeated comments to the tune of "everyone's wrong but I am unwilling to share why." That gets us nowhere.

So, can you share what's going on?

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
He's right man, you need to chill out here. If you're willing to help the community then help. But don't sit back and say nobody understands, they're idiots and incompetent, and you'd need crayons to communicate with them, and then not provide any help at all. You're letting you ego get in the way of what could be informative for a lot of people if true.

I reached out and offered an explanation to why you're confused. You took it as an insult rather than the helpful information it actually was and started attacking me as well. Why? We're all here to help and discuss the topic, but you've made repeated comments to the tune of "everyone's wrong but I am unwilling to share why." That gets us nowhere.

So, can you share what's going on?

I’m very willing to share. But when you and others keep saying it can’t be done, why should I bother explaining how it’s done. It’s easier to buckle your belt behind seat or buy the extension but again, like you kinda hit on…it’s not 100% disabled.

The only way to 100% disable it…including the seat sensor is through the pcm / ecm.

I don’t know of anyone that will offer it as a service due to the liability. Say you do it and then trade in your vehicle and something happens.

Sponsored

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
How do you guys think the guy that put a s/c on his tuned it??? With an out of the box tuner and a canned tune ?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It can also void the warranty. Even adding something like the Tazer (which can no longer bypass AutoPark) or the Flashcal module is considered a "Gateway Intrusion" and is grounds for warranty restriction. This is why they specifically tell you to unmarry and remove before any service. If you forget to, and you take it in for service, Jeep can end your warranty.

On the other side, the seatbelt chime can be disabled without the needed Gateway module. It also will not impact your warranty in any way. This is the key big difference that needs to be instilled. So no, you can't disable it. But you can add a Gateway Bypass module to bypass it, but just like a tune, this can void your warranty due to your actions.

Short answer is still the same. No, it cannot be disabled like other "options" or the seatbelt chime can. You can bypass it with equipment, but this carries a real risk of voiding you warranty.

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
It can also void the warranty. Even adding something like the Tazer (which can no longer bypass AutoPark) or the Flashcal module is considered a "Gateway Intrusion" and is grounds for warranty restriction. This is why they specifically tell you to unmarry and remove before any service. If you forget to, and you take it in for service, Jeep can end your warranty.

On the other side, the seatbelt chime can be disabled without the needed Gateway module. It also will not impact your warranty in any way. This is the key big difference that needs to be instilled. So no, you can't disable it. But you can add a Gateway Bypass module to bypass it, but just like a tune, this can void your warranty due to your actions.

Short answer is still the same. No, it cannot be disabled like other "options" or the seatbelt chime can. You can bypass it with equipment, but this carries a real risk of voiding you warranty.
Like I said, you wouldn’t understand lol. By removing / flashing/ rewriting your pcm, you are changing any factory settings you want. Yes it will most likely void your warranty, but not necessarily…not getting into that. But, it will 100% disable it…along with another safety feature that’s tied into it.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I didn't bother wasting my time, it's a non-issue for me personally.

As for being beyond incompetent, that's a stretch since you don't actually know me. But it's okay, you were warned.

You keep saying you don't care, this is a waste of effort, we're all just too stupid to get it etc but what keeps happening is you keep raging about it. At this point "it" has nothing to do with the OP, his issue or his question and everything to do with you. I you want to talk about it, that's okay. If you don't well that's okay too.

We actually seem to be a fairly well put together group here, all things considered and the unifying thread is a love for jeeps and trucks and the life that comes along with it. IF you feel you need to talk, I can assure you that my ability to be a dick/asshole is actually surpassed by compassion, empathy and a sympathetic nature and will honestly listen to nearly anything nearly anyone has to say provided it is coming from a place of honesty.

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
@sharpsicle
It’s not about shop experience. It’s about knowing what you’re doing with tuning and understanding how to read data logs and make changes

Sponsored

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
@sharpsicle

I know of a few tuning shops that sell pcm’s / ecm’s. Not sure if they would do it or not…you would have to ask them. Like I said…it’s tied to another safety feature that is a lot more important

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
Alright. So you can get rid of it by reprogramming your Jeep. Talk about overkill.
Just so you fully understand, which I heard you do but only from from you, when the doors are off and it doesn’t function, that’s a “bypass”. When the pcm / ecm is coded, that’s disabling.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just so you fully understand, which I heard you do but only from from you, when the doors are off and it doesn’t function, that’s a “bypass”. When the pcm / ecm is coded, that’s disabling.
It does function with the doors off, just uses different parameters. It bases it on seat weight rather than the door opening.

You aren't understanding. I'll see myself out.

NJ_Mojave

Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Union Laborer
It does function with the doors off, just uses different parameters. It bases it on seat weight rather than the door opening.

You aren't understanding. I'll see myself out.
Kinda correct. Using different parameters,as you say is what bypassing is at its roots
Sponsored