Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dead pedal - gimmick or can't live without one?
Being this my 2nd "JL" ish vehicle (JLU and now the JT), I have been slightly bothered by the Grand Canyon adjacent to the brake pedal. It's a vast cavern with tumbleweeds and meerkats, all with its own ecosystem. Yesterday while meandering down I-75, I started to pay attention to my dangling foot and wondered if a dead pedal would be comfortable. Being that I am a svelt, 6', 5" tall, most of that being legs, I wondered if a dead pedal would actually be a benefit, or just make me have a permanent gangsta lean. Does anyone have one of these pedals, especially those of you who have no problem reaching the box of Stoffures stuffing on the top shelf, and if so - do ya like it?
Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Hey there, Binfordtools,

By no means am I trying to hijack your thread (although I ordered the manual transmission in my Mojave so I don't have a petri dish of bacteria west of the brake) however, I noticed your height (6'5") and with my 6'7" frame, I have leg room but a bit more would be fabulous. That is why I have ordered brackets from "Extend My Seat" to give me about 4 more inches of room. Videos look like it is a great product and the Gladiator brackets ironically launch tomorrow (April 5th). I placed a pre-order and thought this might be of interest to you and others.
Good luck with filling your dead-space void.......

Jeep Products - Extend My Seat Store

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.morris4x4center.com/m-o-r-e-dead-pedal-driver-side.html

I have this one. Im 6ft evem and sit probably in the middle of the seat track..not a fan of being all the way back.

I like a dead pedal that I can stick my foot under if I want to stretch out a little more on long trips. So the Qtech ones arent my cup of tea. I also think they look silly just sitting on the floor.

Jmo13523

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator 2019 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Police officer
Hey there, Binfordtools,

By no means am I trying to hijack your thread (although I ordered the manual transmission in my Mojave so I don't have a petri dish of bacteria west of the brake) however, I noticed your height (6'5") and with my 6'7" frame, I have leg room but a bit more would be fabulous. That is why I have ordered brackets from "Extend My Seat" to give me about 4 more inches of room. Videos look like it is a great product and the Gladiator brackets ironically launch tomorrow (April 5th). I placed a pre-order and thought this might be of interest to you and others.
Good luck with filling your dead-space void.......

Jeep Products - Extend My Seat Store
I’m 6’5” myself with a manual JT I’ve thought about seat extensions but in your experience does the sound bar become an issue? Right now my head is about 1/2 an inch from it and I worried about hitting my head on it all the time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Binfordtools

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.morris4x4center.com/m-o-r-e-dead-pedal-driver-side.html

I have this one. Im 6ft evem and sit probably in the middle of the seat track..not a fan of being all the way back.

I like a dead pedal that I can stick my foot under if I want to stretch out a little more on long trips. So the Qtech ones arent my cup of tea. I also think they look silly just sitting on the floor.

I like the idea of this one too. But...here is something strange, I went on their website and added "my vehicle" (2021 Gladiator JT) and there is now a big red sign that says "Doesn't fit 2021 Gladiator" - What. The. Bleep?

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I ordered the dead pedal from Quadratec a few weeks ago. Still on backorder.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea of this one too. But...here is something strange, I went on their website and added "my vehicle" (2021 Gladiator JT) and there is now a big red sign that says "Doesn't fit 2021 Gladiator" - What. The. Bleep?
Ill have to find the actual order sheet from the one that I got. Not positive it was the MORE one, could have just been similar. I can say for sure that the mounting hardware looks the same.

EDIT:
found it, this is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PS8YB6J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Mine just came in yesterday. Will install today. I’m 6’2” and am curious as to how I will like it as well. But for $20 off Amazon I’m not too concerned if I don’t.

Sponsored

JEEPER2287

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2014 GC Altitude, 1982 CJ7
Occupation
Nuclear QA Inspector

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I ordered the dead pedal from Quadratec a few weeks ago. Still on backorder.
I ordered mine weeks before I got my truck and it's still on backorder. Tempted to cancel and get an Amazon cheapie but reviewers say that they bend fairly easily and I'd prefer to go the "buy once, cry once" route.