Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Older truck - but my father had a 2010 Ranger - the first vehicle they EVER bought new. It was a truck. Full tow package, very capable truck. He died with that truck - he was 85, and it was reliable, and capable and he took it through all sorts of weather and towed a small trailer. Granted, it wasn't a 3/4 ton 4x4 but I'd consider the Ranger he had to be a real truck. The definition of "real truck" has changed. My 1/2 ton Silverado blew my 95 F250 away in many ways - including how well it towed and took my car hauler up hills while still accelerating while the Ford couldn't keep the speed limit with the 351.

I guess to many guys, only an F350 is a REAL truck. That'll likely never change.

What I was referring to was comment about Ranger being a real truck and the Jeep and Ford Bronco Trucks as more toy than truck (if they ever build the Ford Bronco truck).

The gladiator is every bit as strong as the new Ford Ranger (both way more capable than the original Ford Ranger). Back in the day though for a small truck the Ford Ranger was excellent, but so was the Toyota for mini truck.

PS since we are talking Ford vs Chebby, another favorite topic.

My Ford F-350 7.3L Diesel crew cabs, 4x4, 8’ bed would eat a Chebby for a snack 🤣 yes all three Ford 1 tons I had were built to haul trailers... and ass! (Without a bunch of Dodge Boy Fan Club Smoke... oh sorry, coal).
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
82 Eagle SX4 Sport with 94 ZJ 4.0 engine - was a daily driver, turned into a show car. Mint.
73 Javelin Pierre Cardin edition - the previous owner made a mess of things, I'm trying to rectify things. It's had a rough life but looks nice.
Very nice! The Javelin is a nice looking classic car. I would love a classic car like that, too young to have collected one.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Hmm. I’m 36 and that’s what I want it for lol. But also for a fun convertible weekend toy as it isn’t a daily driver.
I'm 32. That's kind of what I use it for too, along with the occasional trail. I wanted a Jeep with a bed.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Unless they resculpt the body lines a bronco truck sounds awful.

For all of the wide tires and wide fenders and wide body, the waist line pulls in kind quick.

20210827_100024.jpg

The visual difference between the sight line of body and the canopy is jarring.
sadly, that’s just how most people look these days…

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I'm 32. That's kind of what I use it for too, along with the occasional trail. I wanted a Jeep with a bed.
Yep! I had a Challenger (just sold it 😞) and thought I wanted a Wrangler, then a Sasquatch Bronco and then the Gladiator. I walked by one, one day and said, “maybe that’s what I need?! It’s a Jeep but with some functionality for the little things I can’t currently do with a car.”

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
You are the some truck some of the time for whom a 1/4 ton is perfect for.

The number of sheets of plywood (sorry @steffen707 ) or 2x4 I haul in my life is dwarfed by groceries, car seats, dog hair, trail dust and beach sand. But... I have acces to a 14' or 24' box truck with lift gate and a heavenly host of Internationals with flat decks, dump boxes and pintle hitches so as long as I can build my schedule around truck availability I'm good.

Would a beefy gladiator do me just fine? yup.

tikijimmy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Sad, but expected. Ford already has 2 truck platforms (Ranger and F-Series), no need for another one.

It would have been a nice looking truck, tho...

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Sad, but expected. Ford already has 2 truck platforms (Ranger and F-Series), no need for another one.
Why not if it fills a niche the others don’t already occupy?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
You are the some truck some of the time for whom a 1/4 ton is perfect for.

The number of sheets of plywood (sorry @steffen707 ) or 2x4 I haul in my life is dwarfed by groceries, car seats, dog hair, trail dust and beach sand. But... I have acces to a 14' or 24' box truck with lift gate and a heavenly host of Internationals with flat decks, dump boxes and pintle hitches so as long as I can build my schedule around truck availability I'm good.

Would a beefy gladiator do me just fine? yup.
Blasphemy!

Actually the last two times I hauled sheet goods I used, my neighbors F150 without a topper, and my wife's Chrysler Pacifica. lol.

The Gladiator with topper on is a fantasitc hauler though. groceries, dog food, backpack blower, 2-5gal gas cans, couple of deer, TONS AND TONS of cardboard. With lumber costs since COVID who can afford to haul it?:movember:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"