Sponsored

Brought my jeep in to check a steering issue and the dealer dropped a door on it.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Also for reference in NC if something happens at a shop they pretty much aren't responsible for it. Most have a little sign releasing them if damage occurs to your stuff making it a civil matter or insurance matter. Not saying most wouldn't do right by someone, just saying they technically could act like nothing happened. Be glad their fixing the problem.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Also for reference in NC if something happens at a shop they pretty much aren't responsible for it. Most have a little sign releasing them if damage occurs to your stuff making it a civil matter or insurance matter. Not saying most wouldn't do right by someone, just saying they technically could act like nothing happened. Be glad their fixing the problem.
Signs do not mean jack unless they reference the actual law if applicable.

Dump trucks have signs telling people to stay back and not responsible for windshield damage when most states have laws on securing vehicle loads properly. It is a ruse for the uninformed.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Signs do not mean jack unless they reference the actual law if applicable.

Dump trucks have signs telling people to stay back and not responsible for windshield damage when most states have laws on securing vehicle loads properly. It is a ruse for the uninformed.
I understand that, there is a General Statute in NC that protects shops from indirect damage ie, vandalism, garage door falling on vehicle etc, stuff like that. Their insurance doesn't have to pay it would be on your insurance to pay the claim. Also try to get a dump truck driver or company owning the dump truck to pay for a broken windshield in NC or even hit a pot hole in NC and try to get the state to pay, their going to laugh you right out of the court room. You'll spend more on a lawyer than the windshield will cost you and still lose

OP
OP
surge101

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yeah they don't owe you compensation for that, don't be that I'm entitled guy, as long they fix what they damaged seems square to me. I once back in 2006 was buying a Mustang and it was just V6 one that my wife liked. We went in signed the deal and they took it back for detailing. Brought it around and the finance manager ran inside to grab something came back out talking on his cellphone and never looked up, threw the F150 he was driving in drive and T boned the mustang we just signed the deal on. They ended up selling us a GT for the same price as the V6 because it was the only other black mustang on the lot. They did right by me and I didn't feel like I needed anything else.
They gave you a car that’s valued at 10k more for the same price? Yeah, I’d say they did right by you too. I’d say you came out on top in every sense. Now, if they simply repaired your new mustang, or left you to just make an insurance claim, would you feel entitled to not be happy?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
They gave you a car that’s valued at 10k more for the same price? Yeah, I’d say they did right by you too. I’d say you came out on top in every sense. Now, if they simply repaired your new mustang, or left you to just make an insurance claim, would you feel entitled to not be happy?
Yeah, I'd not be happy, but I wouldn't be thinking I need more. Same as if someone hit you on the road, unless you got injured your not entitled to no more than getting your vehicle fixed and a rental car or getting what it's worth paid to you, that's it. But yeah you'd be entitled to not be happy about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
surge101

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Have my Jeep back, they definitely didn't give me a new top as they said. Looks like they either repaired mine, or pulled another off of another vehicle. At this point, I just wanted my vehicle back. So now I'm still just monitoring the steering issues for any changes since the initial complaints were dismissed.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Have my Jeep back, they definitely didn't give me a new top as they said. Looks like they either repaired mine, or pulled another off of another vehicle. At this point, I just wanted my vehicle back. So now I'm still just monitoring the steering issues for any changes since the initial complaints were dismissed.
Probably use your old top in a used Gladiator where no one will look at the top when they buy it

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’d make them line-X Premium the top in your choice of color personally and have them replace the bedside
Sponsored