Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I definitely encourage everyone to spend a little time driving it "stock" before you get too crazy with upgrades. Maybe the stock height works for you, or maybe you want a better coil than the Mopar version, or maybe you realize you will never lay your windshield down, or maybe you like 33" tires more than you thought.

That being said, most upgrades can be done easily over time. Get a lift, drive that for a while, then add bigger tires. Once that happens then you NEED the Hi-Lift so make that upgrade.
Sponsored

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
Some of you folks must be compensating for that Barbie your father wouldn't let you have, damn.

I'm going to do the same thing I did with my JKR, I'm going to drive it, decide what NEEDS to be changed and then change it/them.
While you may be right about some people, a lot of us have specific plans in mind for our vehicles. Iā€™ve gone down the mod rabbit hole many times over in many different types of vehicles. Hence why the wife stipulated she would only ā€œbuy-inā€ if I plan it ahead of time and donā€™t go down crazy tangents.

Everything on my list is directly related to getting off the beaten path and camping with my family. Racks, storage, electrical needs, comms, lighting, a good crate for my dog (coming from a bigger SUV where he hangs out in the back)....etc etc. Iā€™m even factoring in a new iPad and mount for the kids to stay entertained in the back seat on long highway runs.

I have an idea and a budgeted plan in mind for a lift and armor, etc., but likely wonā€™t purchase that stuff until the stock Rubi canā€™t do what I want it to do. Honestly that stuff only makes up about 30% of my build as Iā€™m currently planning it.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
I have never done anything like this before, not even ever owned a Jeep, nor ever spent more than $12k on a personal car.

For the JTR, I had a $50k budget w/10% down and total cash on hand of $20k for down payment and mods.

This mods add up quickly. Luckily; Covid and moving 2x in 4 months really reeled in my spending as not much was available and I could not afford to B/O stuff as I ultimately didn't know where I'd land.

I think I dropped about $12-13k so far.
- 10% down
- $600 bed liner
- $2700 wheels
- $1000 bed rack
- $160 floor mats
- $500 Hot Heads
- $500 Molly panels
- $200 box storage
- $1400 winch & bumper
- $700 misc. recovery gear
- $850 Sunrider
- $1250 RTT
- $850 Corning Gorilla Glass
-------------------
Ok, I spent more... about $15k

I still have to get:
- suspension: $4-5k-ish
- gearing : $2.5k
- Prox. locks: $600

Ugh, the Ultimate material items game. LOL

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
What is everyone's budget for mods? My shopping cart at Quadratec is at $12k and I am not even scratching the surface LOL, looks like I have to allocate $20k to get my list completed :whew:
Good luck actually getting your order! Quadratec loves to take people's money without telling them upfront items are not only out of stock, they are no where in sight- as in, even they have no clue the item they just billed you for will be ready for shipment. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them, but had to cancel half of that. including some rear inner fenders that took 4+ months and STILL no update. Had to cancel several things from them. They are the worst!

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What is everyone's budget for mods? My shopping cart at Quadratec is at $12k and I am not even scratching the surface LOL, looks like I have to allocate $20k to get my list completed :whew:
šŸ™„ Boo hoo... seriously, first world problems.
Sponsored