Sponsored

bug deflector

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Been through the carwash with no problem. I am not to worried about the paint under it because I dont plan on removing the deflector.

The mopar one looks like it's that translucent plastic. I dont care for the look. It doesn't match the fenders and freedom panels like the stick ins do. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Been through the carwash with no problem. I am not to worried about the paint under it because I dont plan on removing the deflector.

The mopar one looks like it's that translucent plastic. I dont care for the look. It doesn't match the fenders and freedom panels like the stick ins do. Just my opinion.
I wasn't planning on removing mine either but after about 4 yrs it started looking pretty rough and faded. I removed it with plans to put another one on and saw the paint. Ended up selling it before I put another one on and getting the gladiator

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The mixed results on here are making me think maybe I pissed away $90. I don’t particularly like the look, I bought it to help keep bugs off my windshield and give a Little Rock protection. I guess I’ll know after it arrives.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
I ordered a Mopar one but it only came with one metal tab that goes in one of the holes under the hood so Quadratec is sending me another set. How easy were those metal tabs to install under the hood?
Easy.... just need a little rubber mallet to pop them in.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Decided to get the AVS Lighshield but didn't get the wiring hooked up yet. I do have the wiring run under the hood. I kinda like it because it's a little higher than the usual hood protector/bug shield. The light bar which has 3M tape on the back was a little wider than the indentation and ended up not being straight when I attached it. Also got it for around $80 on ebay instead of around $120 on other sites. I was going to install it without the lights but figured they might be useful. When I first saw this last year I thought it was pretty gawdy looking but not that bad now haha

Jeep Gladiator bug deflector 20200426_104559a

Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
So what’s the difference between the Bushwacker and the AVS?

Except for the logo and $10 they appear the same. What am I missing?

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I've got the mopar one. Has three mount screws under the hood, and some stick on bumpers that go on the top of the hood underneath the deflector.
Didn't realize this was from so far back... but it popped up in my feed again. Tried getting a confirmed answer, but haven't been able to yet. The MOPAR bolt/screw on model is made of translucent black poly, yes? Can't tell from the images, either.....

Just ordered the AVS from Amazon (quadratech wanted to charge me $200 shipping, and AVS doesn't ship to Alaska)....amazon shipped for free. Don't love the idea of the stick on if I can avoid, but don't like the "see-through" style for purely aesthetics.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Just ordered the AVS from Amazon (quadratech wanted to charge me $200 shipping, and AVS doesn't ship to Alaska)....amazon shipped for free. Don't love the idea of the stick on if I can avoid, but don't like the "see-through" style for purely aesthetics.
From personal experience it can be a bitch trying to pull up the red plastic off the self-adhesive tape so use tweezers if you have them. If you have some small c-clamps you can use them on the edge of the hood to firmly press the outer edge of the deflector against the hood.

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
How do you go about protecting the paint under these types. The one I had on my JKU really faded the paint out under it. Even had a spot where the paint was a round white spot about the size of your thumb. Honestly though I don't think it did crap to keep bugs off the windshield.
I don’t know for sure, but one thought would be to use a paint protector tape between the hood and deflector.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear-Paint-Protection-60-inches/dp/B004VG8DS0

I’m not sure how it might impact adhesion for the stick-on types, or clearance for the bolt in types (I think the tape is only 8mm thick), but it “might” protect the hood paint?