Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I made my own version. Added a front locker when I had the gears redone. Apex AutoLynx disconnects. Sometimes I think it might be nice to have the extra low transfer case but realistically I’ve never needed it.
Just send more skinny pedal!

I see all this discussion about ARB air lockers or retrofitting a rubicon axle, what did you do with? I know my dad’s wheeling rig, an old XJ , we just put a lunchbox in to compliment the LSD in the back and we have had exactly 0 issues conquering anything.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Just send more skinny pedal!

I see all this discussion about ARB air lockers or retrofitting a rubicon axle, what did you do with? I know my dad’s wheeling rig, an old XJ , we just put a lunchbox in to compliment the LSD in the back and we have had exactly 0 issues conquering anything.
Went with an ARB air locker. I just have the compressor running off of one of the aux switches and the locker running off another one. Actually works out nice because then if I want I can run just the front locker without the rear locker.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
errrr

search the forum !
lol truth… I think I’m going to go down the road of 90* rear shocks and some enforcing from the cab bend back. Similar to that “down to mob” guy on YouTube…. But different.

Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
I've been here for years and there have maybe been a handful reported. They have been on massively overloaded (8500+ lbs) gladiators, and people jumping or smashing whoops at much too high of a speed where they bottom out the shocks and bump stops typically after going airborne. The frame is just not an issue, and a few extra welds(not extra gussets) are unlikely to make a difference in those frame bending scenarios.
The extra welds might not make the difference, but the hydraulic bump stops and much higher shock dampening ability of the 2.5" shocks likely will. Not saying the mojave is indestructible or a trophy truck by any means, but if you do tend to smash whoops at "much too high of a speed" or go airborne the mojave is much better for that. Sure you can upgrade the shocks, add hydraulic bumps, etc to the rubicon and make it even better in the whoops than a mojave for thousands of dollars. You'll still have a low range that's too low for the scenarios like deep sand and snow where you need extra torque and wheel speed. You'll still have the massive jt wheelbase and poor breakover and departure angles. I personally went for the ultimate mojavicon set up in my opinion. JTM with 2" of lift and 37s for all of its advantages in the desert and JLUR with 3.5" lift and 39s for all its advantages in the rocks. You'd need at least 42s on a JT to match the JLUR in the rocks. Building 1 rig for all types of terrain leads to compromises no matter which way you lean.
20240216_131821.jpg
20230925_162818.jpg

Last edited:

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Sadly, I still have not bought one. Now I’m debating between a Gladiator and a Grenadier.
Wow. Really!? This has to set a record. 4+ years of research and counting…

Why not just get a Gladiator, build as you like and make changes as desired/needed.

What are you driving in the meantime?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Sadly, I still have not bought one. Now I’m debating between a Gladiator and a Grenadier.
Grenadiers are definitely cool, we have a dealer near here with 3 in stock. The price tag is really hard to swallow for what you're getting though.

Then again, the grenadier feels more like a G-Wagon competitor than an actual wrangler competitor imo. Both really capable for sure, but not likely to see either on a trail.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Wow. Really!? This has to set a record. 4+ years of research and counting…

Why not just get a Gladiator, build as you like and make changes as desired/needed.

What are you driving in the meantime?
I’m driving a full kitted 2006 LJ Rubicon as my main long duration backcountry rig. For shorter easier family picnic trails I might take the GX460 that has a mild lift.

Reactions: SKT

RyderGear

First Name
Ryder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave (Manual)
Occupation
CEO Ryder Gear LLC
I really like all the updates to the Mojave, but still want the OEM sway bar disconnect and front locker.

What are the chances, the wiring harness is the same? Also, wondering if the fox reservoir location would impede the installation of the OEM swaybar disconnect.

Items needed?
Most likely need

All in I'm guessing around $2500 or less to add everything to have a Mojavicon.

Let's hear your thoughts on doing this. Let's not do a debate on Rubicon vs Mojave, there are other threads for that. I just want to discuss the creating this combo.
Jeep Gladiator Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave 20230925_162818

Jeep Gladiator Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave 20230925_162818

99.99% sure that the stock rubicon electric swaybar disconnect does not fit on stock mojave. For this reason as well as the pure cost and east of aftermarket swaybar disconnects I did not go this path. If you manage success with a rubi electronic swaybar disconnect on a mojave I can imagine you will have some interested folks, but for about $300 you can add a manual swaybar disconnect and you are donezo! Easy peasy. No brainer in my book.
Sponsored