Sponsored

Has anybody driven a Rubicon and Mojave back to back?

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
I've been on the road for 6 months in each. Mojave is more comfortable in all areas. Seat Comfort and suspension. Better all around driver. Also driven a Rubicon with 2.5" RK suspension as well. Mojave still rode better.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
I test drove both, back to back, for about 30-40 mins each, and I actually found the ride to be similar. The issue I ran into, was the interior on the Mojave I test drove, was really creaky. Likely it was limited to the one I test drove, but ultimately decided on the Rubicon for the higher end towing, and the fact the local dealership didn't have all of the options I was looking for on the Mojave.

Overall, neither was what I would call the most amazing comfort possible, but both seemed more comfortable than the Wranglers I test drove.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I can feel the suspension travel in a Mojave more so than in a Rubicon. Feels a little more floaty and a little more body roll in corners.

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes I drove both back to back for very extended test drives on multiple days in diverse terrain. I was actually surprised how similar they felt considering what I had read here. The mojave did soak up high speed large holes or speed bumps a little better but the rubicon felt more planted in cornering. The rubicon I tested had the steel bumper so take that into consideration.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
I have. Mojave seats are more comfortable. If they made a dieeel Mojave, thatā€™s what Iā€™d be in most likely.

Power of the diesel makes me smile more than the Mojaveā€™s ride and seat comfort.

slapshota10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave; 2008 Honda S2000
Occupation
Pilot
I test drove them back to back and went with a Mojave. I traded in a JLUR on this purchase (I loved my Jeep, but missed my truck, JT = a total win in my book and the amount they gave me for my trade made it a no brainer). I thought the Mojave felt more solid to drive than both my JLUR and the JTR. Bottom line, get what you want, either one is a great choice!

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Yes, the Mojave seemed to have a smoother less rigid ride.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have. Mojave seats are more comfortable. If they made a dieeel Mojave, thatā€™s what Iā€™d be in most likely.

Power of the diesel makes me smile more than the Mojaveā€™s ride and seat comfort.
Yes, it was not cool when they said that the most awesome trim level in the lineup would not get the most awesome engine in the lineup. Sigh..

They could have done it. It's not like we're dealing with a 1,200 lb. Cummins under the hood. The EcoDiesel could have easily been done. Shame on them.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Who says the Mojave isn't getting the most awesome engine in line up? V-8 baby, everything is there frame , high hood CAI hood scoop!, just have to be patient before you jump back in!.....Jack

Sponsored

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Drove a lifted rubicon first and was not impressed. Then drove a stock Mojave and was blown away. Loved the float of the suspension. Then I went with a rubicon. The other benefits of the rubicon outweighed the softer Mojave. Also I knew I would be changing everything if I bought something and the Mojave suspension is the one thing I liked over the rubicon.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Multiple back to back test drives at several different dealerships. Hard top and soft top. Went with Rubicon Painted hard top.

Hands down the Rubicon drove much nicer (IMO and the CFOs) than the Mojave.

That coupled with the fact that we were going to be on more rocks than sand/soft helped us make the decision.

well, the rest is history.

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
Yes, it was not cool when they said that the most awesome trim level in the lineup would not get the most awesome engine in the lineup. Sigh..

They could have done it. It's not like we're dealing with a 1,200 lb. Cummins under the hood. The EcoDiesel could have easily been done. Shame on them.
Frankly the annoying thing for me is that this impacts the availability of after market parts. I'm totally down for spending additional money for the engine I like better but there are very clearly less things available for a diesel rig. Not having it on the Mojave only serves to make that progress slower.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Who says the Mojave isn't getting the most awesome engine in line up? V-8 baby, everything is there frame , high hood CAI hood scoop!, just have to be patient before you jump back in!.....Jack
People who drink the diesel cool aid. After 20 years in diesel & performance, its a matter of when, not if the diesel problems will occur at 3x the cost and more downtime.
How awesome is it where you can only drive 1/2 the speed limit with DEF issues and reduced power mode.

2021-JT-Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Any noticeable difference on-road?
For sure i did, dealer had both. I now own a Mojave, it was a clear choice for me. Mojave far superior ride on road.
Sponsored