Sponsored

Bumper dilemma

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I'm in the same boat. Don't want a stubby bumper and not really wanting a winch. I've narrowed it down to 3 (maybe):
ADD Stealth Fighter
add.png

Go Rhino Rockline:
gorhino.png

Fab Fours Vengeance (least favorite because of the sunken winch mount)
fabfours.png
I love that ADD bumper...pair it with the Stealth rear bumper......mmmm mmmm

Just freaking expensive

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
This is my HardRock 4x4 aluminum mid width bumper

7A1CF34A-6200-4F97-812F-C24B2704C1C9.jpeg
Oh can you post more pics of that? That one is in the running for me....my concern is the Mojave skid plate, would it work with it...

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I was in the same boat...wanted AEV but didn't want to wait. I almost went with the ARB stubby but I opted for the RR Arcus since it looked more OEM and kept the factory fog lights. I had planned to replace it when AEV came out with their bumper, but I just can't justify it right now since I still want a lift and a bed rack.

I'm happy with the Arcus now that I replaced the large tow hooks with shackle mounts.

20201230_121359.jpg

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I was in the same boat...wanted AEV but didn't want to wait. I almost went with the ARB stubby but I opted for the RR Arcus since it looked more OEM and kept the factory fog lights. I had planned to replace it when AEV came out with their bumper, but I just can't justify it right now since I still want a lift and a bed rack.

I'm happy with the Arcus now that I replaced the large tow hooks with shackle mounts.

Jeep Gladiator Bumper dilemma 20201230_121359
looka good, i just dont want a stubby.

Sponsored

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase

20201230_121359.jpg
Can you link the shackle mounts you have on there? I like the look of the venerator but hate to meat hooks, this is a huge improvement.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I had a quadratec QRC full width bumper on my JKU. I got rear-ended pretty hard while sitting traffic. I was launched into the Honda civic in front of me, which totalled it. I had some damage to the rear of my jeep. The frame was bent and had to be replaced. The QRC number had a scuff on it that I sprayed over with spraypaint.

When I bought my Gladiator, the first mod I did was a new QRC bumper. A stubby this time.

It's solid. It's winch ready. It's not very expensive and it weighs right about 100lbs. It's a good bumper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Bumper went on my Wrangler. May consider same for my Gladiator.
Jeep Gladiator Bumper dilemma IMG-3041
any chance youd be willing to take a couple more pics If you still own the veh?

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ive ruled out mopar factory and venator or any other bumper that bolts the wings on. saw a thread on a deer strike where the wing got pushed to the tire and possibly torn off. Not what im looking for.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Add another thing to my list of annoyances. The number of bumpers fit to the low clearance fenders instead of the high clearance ones. Id guess most people setting their trucks up for serious off road use go with high clearance fenders anyway.

assuming i dont wait and fork for the AEV, got it down to the Westin, ARB, or Quadratec if aluminum. If the ARB weighed less it would be no question my choice. The weight is the only thing giving me pause. Shipping weight is 160lb. Yeesh.

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
Folks, I am having a bumper dilemma. Ive scrolled all sorts of threads looking at options, and wonder if Im tapped out or if Ive missed a possible candidate. I dont want some hobbled together welded up hunk of junk Or looking like it came out of mad max.

my purpose for a bumper, above all else, Is to protect the radiator from an animal strike on a trip. I am questioning the use of a stubby bumper...i understand why they are great for crawlers, but i dont think i want to give up some degree of wheel protection during a strike.

the crem-de-la-crem i want is the AEV. Its light. Its stamped steel. Its airbag and crash certified. But it’s not available. At this point im leaning towards just waiting for this.

the ARB Bondi Deluxe checks all the blocks that the AEV does at a lower price, but it is holy F heavy. Im seeing 140+lb for the bumper BEFORE a winch. If thats accurate, thats a lot of weight.

the Venator bumper looks good, priced cheap, stamped steel, light weight. But the wings are just bold on decorative so its pretty much just a stubby. And the hoop is just one bolt into the bumper. I cant see that holding up. called RR and they dont know what kind of steel it is, how thick it is, and there was no crash testing done.

the mopar steel bumper is affordable, readily available, stamped steel but the wings are bolt on and likely decorative. Its also kinda “basic bitch”. Rubitrux does have some better center hoops for it that work for my purpose, but im trying to understand where they get off charging $300+ for them.

The quadratec aluminum bumper seems like it might be a good option, light, good price, steel center section. Looks ive seem are just kind of so-so.

am i missing any viable options?
It's ''basic bitch" because the bumper was literally made for the truck...and is probably the best-looking one you're going to find.
Sponsored