Sponsored

Buying a 2020 JT - what should I look for?

dickeldan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
photographer
Possibly purchasing a JT very soon. Was going to wait awhile but my F150 is having an issue and is under warranty but they can't get the part until maybe middle of October. So might be going today to look again at the JTs. I know there is an issue with the 20's and the steering box. Is there something particular I should be looking for if purchasing a 2020? Is there a certain time of build I should stay away from? Still can't make mind up on model, either. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly purchasing a JT very soon. Was going to wait awhile but my F150 is having an issue and is under warranty but they can't get the part until maybe middle of October. So might be going today to look again at the JTs. I know there is an issue with the 20's and the steering box. Is there something particular I should be looking for if purchasing a 2020? Is there a certain time of build I should stay away from? Still can't make mind up on model, either. Thanks for any info.
Check the air pressure in the tires, and then take it out and drive it. If you can keep it going straight down the freeway with just one finger on the wheel, it should be good. There's not any specific build group to avoid. The 2021's will all have the new steering box. The new box will be available for any 2020 owner, once they build up enough inventory to service everyone. If you have a specific need or use, that will help steer your model selection.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Maybe I am just lucky, but I haven't worried about test driving. I have had very few issues and all were well covered under warranty.

TooManyJeeps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jku,10 jku,13 jku,17 jkur,20 jl,20 jt
Occupation
daydreamer
Find one with the "Popular Equipment Package $1,595
Has a ton of stuff worth much more than the package price.

7.0–Inch Radio Group
Convenience Group
Black Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
Uconnect® 4 with 7.0–Inch Touchscreen Display Google Android Auto™ Apple CarPlay®
Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control Reconfigurable Cluster 7.0–Inch Color Display SiriusXM® with 1–Year Radio Sub, Call 800–643–2112
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Trailer Hitch Zoom
Remote–Start System (N/A w/ Manual Transmission)
Universal Garage Door Opener
Rear Window Defroster

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
FOR SURE get it on the highway for twenty minutes or more going 80+ MPH. If there is any shake, tell them the steering boxes in these things are faulty and you want a NEW ONE before you take delivery. Tell them to TEST IT first to ensure the new box isn't bad. Steering boxes have been a real issue with these. Make sure you get a good one!

Sponsored

S&S

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojava
Occupation
sales
Check the air pressure in the tires, and then take it out and drive it. If you can keep it going straight down the freeway with just one finger on the wheel, it should be good. There's not any specific build group to avoid. The 2021's will all have the new steering box. The new box will be available for any 2020 owner, once they build up enough inventory to service everyone. If you have a specific need or use, that will help steer your model selection.
my 2020 goes in next week for the fix on the steering box, its a Mojave and it does drift a bit.
they told me no fix yet but i had a service bulletin i found on line and magically the parts were ordered..

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Mine has become downright risky to drive after my lift. Going to get it into a shop this week and see what the problem is.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
Dropped my Gladiator off right before vacation for drifting to the left at 60 plus. The dealership ordered the steering box and replaced it right away no questions asked. They also replaced my gas tank and updated my computer.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A truck bed? 😂 Seriously, find what you want by how you’re going to use it. It’s so personal I don’t think anyone can give anything other than options.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Find one with the "Popular Equipment Package $1,595
Has a ton of stuff worth much more than the package price.

7.0–Inch Radio Group
Convenience Group
Black Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
Uconnect® 4 with 7.0–Inch Touchscreen Display Google Android Auto™ Apple CarPlay®
Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control Reconfigurable Cluster 7.0–Inch Color Display SiriusXM® with 1–Year Radio Sub, Call 800–643–2112
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Trailer Hitch Zoom
Remote–Start System (N/A w/ Manual Transmission)
Universal Garage Door Opener
Rear Window Defroster
Absolutely this. It has all the stuff that makes the Jeep feel like it's actually a 2020 model. That's all the stuff that makes me really love it while it still can drive anywhere

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
Rubicon, 8 speed auto, LEDs, 8.4” U Connect Radio, try to find a used Launch Edition, they’re loaded.
Seriously though, when buying used go for the most expensive options, the depreciation helps to swallow a bit.
Sponsored