First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I bought mine used from carmax at 425 miles, I think the difference between new and used is entirely whether the vehicle has been registered before or not. New or used, the initial mfr warranty should apply. It seems like it's advantageous for the truck to be "new" because the three years of mfr warranty shouldn't start ticking until you take receipt. If I'm wrong someone else please correct me!
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Good luck with the deal, my favorite suggestion was by JBN40301,asking for the 100,000 mile gold plan, that would satisfy me, and would be real peace of mind, plus what does it really cost dealer, I always think that is a big money maker for them.....Jack

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Would the gold plan be bumper to bumper? I went through a dealership that offered lifetime powertrain warranty for peace of mind on my new truck.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine used from carmax at 425 miles, I think the difference between new and used is entirely whether the vehicle has been registered before or not. New or used, the initial mfr warranty should apply. It seems like it's advantageous for the truck to be "new" because the three years of mfr warranty shouldn't start ticking until you take receipt. If I'm wrong someone else please correct me!
The manufacturer warranty starts with the date and mileage on the original sales contract, which is entered into the computer system that all the dealers have access to. The warranty goes with the vehicle, and will normally be honored by the Service Department for whomever presents the vehicle for service.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Picked her up yesterday! She looks great and super excited. Very happy!

Next up..... start modifications. 2“ Lift, wheels & tires, winch and more to come.

Jeep Gladiator Buying advice.... New 2020 JT Rubicon with 800 miles AE54CC69-A839-4083-A4ED-C099582BCFB5
Looks familiar, great choice!

E72988AB-AB70-4169-8667-76A95396B2DF.jpeg

05FD5518-0F0E-4C1F-B0E2-01A8335E505B.jpeg

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I also bought my Rubicon with a few hundred miles on it. Dealership owner was driving it. Worked in my favor as they actually let me test tow my RV with it to compare to my JKU. And I got a deal when you could barely find a JT on a lot and when you did they were marked up over MSRP.

Bentley1

First Name
Bentley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Bright White
Occupation
Semi Retired.
Buy it, 800 miles is nothing and if it wasn't titled then it will still show as new. The other dealer is scum as they drove it around but who really cares. If you got a good deal on it then go for it. I love my Gladiator.

Sponsored

Bentley1

First Name
Bentley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Bright White
Occupation
Semi Retired.
Mine Looks exactly like it. Except I have a NASA sticker on it.

MARYROD58

First Name
MARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Possible new owner and newb here. Need some advice and help.

Looking at purchasing a new 2020 JT Rubicon and working with a dealer I trust. They are trading for the vehicle from another dealer. We have worked out a good deal for the vehicle and I am happy with what I am paying. My dealer just called me and said that when they went to get the JT from the other dealer, the odometer is at 800 miles. The trading dealer is saying it wasn't a demo and either take it or leave it. I am sure a manager has been driving. Just disappointed that it was undisclosed.

I am concerned with whether I should say yes or turn it down. The JT has everything I want. Just concerned about the 800 miles and it being labeled a "new" car. What concerns should I have or be looking for?

The dealer and I will go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and ensure that nothing is wrong or needs attention. I am friends with the service manager and he is going to put the JT up on the lift and look over everything.

Any thoughts or feedback?

I appreciate it!

MARYROD58

First Name
MARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Possible new owner and newb here. Need some advice and help.

Looking at purchasing a new 2020 JT Rubicon and working with a dealer I trust. They are trading for the vehicle from another dealer. We have worked out a good deal for the vehicle and I am happy with what I am paying. My dealer just called me and said that when they went to get the JT from the other dealer, the odometer is at 800 miles. The trading dealer is saying it wasn't a demo and either take it or leave it. I am sure a manager has been driving. Just disappointed that it was undisclosed.

I am concerned with whether I should say yes or turn it down. The JT has everything I want. Just concerned about the 800 miles and it being labeled a "new" car. What concerns should I have or be looking for?

The dealer and I will go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and ensure that nothing is wrong or needs attention. I am friends with the service manager and he is going to put the JT up on the lift and look over everything.

Any thoughts or feedback?

I appreciate it!
Be Careful. I just purchased a new 2020 JT....is has less than 700 miles...it has been to the shop 5 times for check engine (misfire on multiple cylinders) and Stop/Start System. This could be a JT that was returned to the dealer because of service issues.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Be Careful. I just purchased a new 2020 JT....is has less than 700 miles...it has been to the shop 5 times for check engine (misfire on multiple cylinders) and Stop/Start System. This could be a JT that was returned to the dealer because of service issues.
Obviously @tmac purchased the vehicle and we hope everything goes well, but just a reminder that assuming all of the work was done at a Jeep/FCA dealership, you can see all records for a VIN prior to any purchase.

If a vehicle has a history of service work (whether 700, 800, etc. miles), that would be listed on a service history report. Always ask for such a report if you're purchased a new or used vehicle.

OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
Obviously @tmac purchased the vehicle and we hope everything goes well, but just a reminder that assuming all of the work was done at a Jeep/FCA dealership, you can see all records for a VIN prior to any purchase.

If a vehicle has a history of service work (whether 700, 800, etc. miles), that would be listed on a service history report. Always ask for such a report if you're purchased a new or used vehicle.

Just confirming what @DirkG stated. I did purchase and vehicle is great so far!

I had my dealer service department run the VIN and look for anything including any service or warranty work. They did not find anything. They did say from what they could confirm, a manager or owner was using the vehicle as a demo. But again, it was spotless.

I will certainly update if any trouble comes up but feeling confident that nothing is wrong.

Loving my Gladiator so far!!
Sponsored