Sponsored

Can You Lock Rear Differential in 4High?

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Alls I want for Christmas is my Launch Edition to lock in 4hi.......FCA...make It so...
Sponsored

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
I tried this at the dealer today. I was able to activate the rear locker in 4-Hi, in a 2021 Mojave, manufactured Sep 2020.

The procedure is shift transfer case to 4-Hi, press Off Road+ button, hold ESC Off button for 5 sec (it seems pressing it once disables traction control, holding it for 5 sec disables stability control), press Axle Locker Rear Only switch. The locker then shows as locked in the Off-Road Pages.

If you forget to hold the ESC Off button for 5 sec, you get a message in the cluster that you must be in 4-Lo to activate the locker.

Thanks to Jim at Normandin CDJR who really knows his 4WD systems.
I have a 2021 Rubicon. This works. Just tried it. The key is holding the ESC button until ESC OFF displays on the screen. Then hit the rear locker and it locks.

Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I tried this at the dealer today. I was able to activate the rear locker in 4-Hi, in a 2021 Mojave, manufactured Sep 2020.

The procedure is shift transfer case to 4-Hi, press Off Road+ button, hold ESC Off button for 5 sec (it seems pressing it once disables traction control, holding it for 5 sec disables stability control), press Axle Locker Rear Only switch. The locker then shows as locked in the Off-Road Pages.

If you forget to hold the ESC Off button for 5 sec, you get a message in the cluster that you must be in 4-Lo to activate the locker.

Thanks to Jim at Normandin CDJR who really knows his 4WD systems.
Anyone else confirm if this works? I can't get it. Build date is 10/20

Is it locked out until a certain mileage potentially? I only have 120 miles currently.

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
The Jeep I tried it on likely had less than 20 miles on it.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Tried it today and it worked. I was trying it sitting still instead of while rolling. :facepalm:

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
They originally touted the “Off Road +” button as allowing the rear locker to stay engaged in 4Hi on the Rubicons (among other features) but that is certainly not the case at the moment.
Then we should get the software upgrade.

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I have 20 Mojave. With a tazer mini you can lock the rear axle in 4 wheel hi.
Is the hardware the same on the 20 vs 21 ? I'm just curious, if that's the case then we (2020 Mojave owners) just have a software difference ?

Curious on how it feels when locked in high.
Thanks.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
So on my LE I don’t have an ESC button, just a button with a skidding car (traction control), just pressing It turns on and off TC, holding for 5 seconds disables, essentially, my advanced safety group (FCW etc..)...anyways, the step by step above does not work for my LE...very sad day:crying:

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Is the hardware the same on the 20 vs 21 ? I'm just curious, if that's the case then we (2020 Mojave owners) just have a software difference ?

Curious on how it feels when locked in high.
Thanks.
I'd like to bump this question to see if people have knowledge on this if there is any hardware difference.
Wonder if Jscan has an option to enable the feature to lock the rear axle in 4 wheel hi ?

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to bump this question to see if people have knowledge on this if there is any hardware difference.
Wonder if Jscan has an option to enable the feature to lock the rear axle in 4 wheel hi ?
Tazer’s do

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link