First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
engineer
After much back & forth, owning Fords for much of my life and watching the terrible Bronco rollout. I have cancelled my Bronco reservation from July 2020 😴 ...

This morning I ordered a Sarge Green Gladiator Mojave ... Super excited to be part of the Jeep community 🍻 .. Now the hard part, Waiting the 6-8 weeks..

1614273459755.png
Wow... literally the same thing I did! Well I haven't told Ford yet... I have the 26th reservation spot at Mullinax dealership in Mobile, AL BUT... I placed my order for a Sarge Green Mojave 6-speed at 5:30 this afternoon.
Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
After much back & forth, owning Fords for much of my life and watching the terrible Bronco rollout. I have cancelled my Bronco reservation from July 2020 😴 ...

This morning I ordered a Sarge Green Gladiator Mojave ... Super excited to be part of the Jeep community 🍻 .. Now the hard part, Waiting the 6-8 weeks..

1614273459755.png
Sarge green, great start. Good luck. Try not to think about it. Picturs please.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Haha nice man congrats! This is my first Jeep too as I was on the hunt for a new full size truck for a build then started researching the gladiator and after a couple of tests drives fell in love with it. The wife was also more in favor as she was excited for the door and top removal for beach days haha. I freakin love this thing man and I know you will too... and as others have said.... be prepared to go on a never ending journey for upgrades and convincing the wife why they are needed haha. Enjoy brotha!
I had a new skid plate arrive today. My wife saw the box leaning against our piano in the front office and asked if it was Jeep stuff. She didn’t react much when I said yes. I call that a win!

Sponsored

Gladman86

First Name
Justyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I had a new skid plate arrive today. My wife saw the box leaning against our piano in the front office and asked if it was Jeep stuff. She didn’t react much when I said yes. I call that a win!
Hey man... no reaction is better than a bad reaction haha.. that’s a win in my book as well lol.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I've never been a fan of Ford ... and I find their marketing abrasive, kind of like a political add. "Everyone sucks, buy a Ford" .... no thanks.

I find it equally laughable that they designed a platform to be a desert runner and then claim it to be a Jeep killer. I predict a day in the future with Bronco's clogging trails with Jeeps waiting patiently behind tapping steering wheels.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’ve got a friend who intends to get one. He’s very much an on-road kind of guy and I don’t expect owning a Bronco to change that. Just as well, though. I don’t think he’d be able to keep up. 😎

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
They kept saying that there was going to be a Bronco pickup truck to compete with the Gladiator, but the way things have gone with the Bronco, it'll be 2029 before we see the Bronco pickup.
And you can get a Gladiator since 2019.

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase

1614273459755.png
welcome aboard

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I had used a JKUR for daily errands and hunting, but the back section was really limited in size. Where to put packs, coolers, etc. And, if I was successful hunting, where to put it? The JT fixed all that while being shorter and narrower than a Ram, my other truck. When the Bronco was introduced, I thought, it is just as restricted in cargo size as the JKU was, so why consider it. Then we have Ford's propensity for re-designing parts over and over, and keeping some critical things so marginal that they fail (remember the Taurus transaxle).

In retrospect, my JT has been super reliable and gets me over 20 mpg on the highway. It has tackled all the rocky hunting trails easily.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Wow... literally the same thing I did! Well I haven't told Ford yet... I have the 26th reservation spot at Mullinax dealership in Mobile, AL BUT... I placed my order for a Sarge Green Mojave 6-speed at 5:30 this afternoon.
The similarities continue ... I reserved w/ Mullinax New Smyrna FL 😂 .. make sure get your $100 back from Ford tho!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
You go on the Bronco forum and the members say how the solid front axle of the jeep makes it undrivable as a daily driver.

You go on the Jeep forum and members say how the IFS is going to make it unusable as a crawler.

Yet folks are driving wranglers everywhere, as daily drivers, happy as clams. And folks are taking IFS vehicles through some of the toughest off road trails. They both have their advantages. Yes, a wrangler is going to make the toughest sections easier, and IFS is going to make daily driving and high speed off-roading a little better. Of course there are other advantages and disadvantages to both. But you can make both do a lot.

I had a Bronco reservation since day two. Then we decided to buy a travel trailer in August, so I needed something with more tow capacity. Like most of you, I was already digging the Gladiator, so it wasn't a tough choice to get one. Fricking love driving it. Love the fact that there are so few of them out on the road. I had a 4Runner and I saw twins of it everywhere. It is fun having something unique. I also like the simplicity of the solid axles. Easy to work on and lift.

Fortunately for me, my wife's first car was a Bronco, so she has a soft spot for them. So, I ordered her one with my reservation. Changed the options to suit her. She wanted all the Luxury goodies. I still convinced her to get the Badlands version, which is basically a Rubicon. Dual lockers, sway bar disconnect, under armor, and such. Also comes with a rubberized interior, so you can just wipe things down. No need for floor mats. Plus, we sasquatched it.

I think the interior materials look cheaper than what is in the JT. The plastics look kind of cheap. Not as much soft touch materials. Reminds me of a Toyota FJ. If you have ever seen those, it is a lot of plastic. Jeep really does a nice job on the interiors, in comparison to other brands.

We figured if it showed up and we don't love it, we could sell it pretty easily. But, I am guess we will love it. We should get it around the end of this year. Can't wait to have it parked next to the gladiator.

Side note: I told my wife I can't have 33s on my gladiator and she have 35s on her Bronco. It just isn't right. Easy sail on getting them 35's. LOL
Sponsored