Cancelled my Bronco Reservation Today!

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
From Bronco6G, supposedly March 29 is regular production start up. We shall see.
Sponsored

CinciAv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2004 Rubicon, 1972 CJ6
I cancelled both my bronco reservations as well. One was a first day. Did not like the color options and have to get expensive packages to get one or two options i wanted. Not mention the low towing capacity. I expected it to be better, since that was one the major complaints about the wrangler. Not to mention poor communication on what some options even come with. Add a local dealer that contacted me twice, but never replied back to any pricing discussions. I just had a gut feelings that i will be disappointed once i get it and was at too risk of getting taken by the local dealer.

With my sport S gladiator i got every option I wanted, on a color I love and with minimal extras i had to pay for. The one option i didnt get was the bedliner and I can do that myself. Dealer was very up front and great to deal with. Price was fair, not a steal, but i gladly pay a little more if you treat me right!!! And they did.

I expect that the cancelled reservations are a lot higher then they are admitting. I am sure once it gets out, it will impact the stock price.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I cancelled both my bronco reservations as well. One was a first day. Did not like the color options and have to get expensive packages to get one or two options i wanted. Not mention the low towing capacity. I expected it to be better, since that was one the major complaints about the wrangler. Not to mention poor communication on what some options even come with. Add a local dealer that contacted me twice, but never replied back to any pricing discussions. I just had a gut feelings that i will be disappointed once i get it and was at too risk of getting taken by the local dealer.

With my sport S gladiator i got every option I wanted, on a color I love and with minimal extras i had to pay for. The one option i didnt get was the bedliner and I can do that myself. Dealer was very up front and great to deal with. Price was fair, not a steal, but i gladly pay a little more if you treat me right!!! And they did.

I expect that the cancelled reservations are a lot higher then they are admitting. I am sure once it gets out, it will impact the stock price.
Glad it worked out for you. The tow rating (3500) and payload is pitiful on the Bronco. However, the reservation to order rate has been higher than Tesla (to my absolute surprise), much better than even Ford expected. Ford stock has almost doubled in the last year (not surprised with the new F150, Mach E, Bronco Sport, and Bronco roll outs) and remains a good buy with Ford moving to EVs (announced support for battery technology today).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Haha nice man congrats! This is my first Jeep too as I was on the hunt for a new full size truck for a build then started researching the gladiator and after a couple of tests drives fell in love with it. The wife was also more in favor as she was excited for the door and top removal for beach days haha. I freakin love this thing man and I know you will too... and as others have said.... be prepared to go on a never ending journey for upgrades and convincing the wife why they are needed haha. Enjoy brotha!
Thanks Bro! šŸ» ..

grownwrong

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
engineer
The similarities continue ... I reserved w/ Mullinax New Smyrna FL šŸ˜‚ .. make sure get your $100 back from Ford tho!
Well when I transferred my reservation from a local place here in New Orleans to Mullinax, they refunded the deposit then... but the system never took $100 back. So I actually got my deposit back over a month ago. [officially cancelled it today too]

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Iā€™m inching closer towards joining you guys every day that passes. Iā€™m going to see the Bronco at the OKC auto show on the 5th before I make a final call. Iā€™m just going back and forth on a JT Freedom diesel or gas Rubicon. Or blowing my budget and getting a JTRD with steel bumpers, leather, and LEDs.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Just browsing the bronco order pages I donā€™t see the Sasquatch package I was curious to see what it costs and if it really comes with 37s. Some things I like on the bronco but most I am not impressed with. Wouldnā€™t ever consider it unless it was a different reality and Jeep didnā€™t exist. Actually reminds me of an old scout

Raton Pass

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Prototypes usually have bugs.
Smart choice going Jeep.

When Broncos first came out many years ago my Dad had a Jeep rigged for hunting Colorado.

He parked it in front of the shop.

A guy kept coming by trying to buy it.

When the offer was good enough to buy a new Bronco Dad caved.

BUT, manufactures did prototype testing back then before selling to the general public.

Enjoy your new Jeep!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Just browsing the bronco order pages I donā€™t see the Sasquatch package I was curious to see what it costs and if it really comes with 37s. Some things I like on the bronco but most I am not impressed with. Wouldnā€™t ever consider it unless it was a different reality and Jeep didnā€™t exist. Actually reminds me of an old scout
Sasquatch is an additional $5k for the first 4 trims. Badlands additional $2500 .. Wild Trak sasquacth included ... comes with 35,s ...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Iā€™m inching closer towards joining you guys every day that passes. Iā€™m going to see the Bronco at the OKC auto show on the 5th before I make a final call. Iā€™m just going back and forth on a JT Freedom diesel or gas Rubicon. Or blowing my budget and getting a JTRD with steel bumpers, leather, and LEDs.
Very interested to get your take from the show on the 5th. Compar-o with jeep truck rollout since we all had opinions on that, but now some say Ford rollout is not good either.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Itā€™s added when you click on the 35ā€ bead lock wheels. The price various by trim selection. Itā€™s offered on the base all the way until it becomes standard equipment on the Wildtrak.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
The next trim to be released MY22 on the Bronco is the Warthog. 37,s standard ...

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and welcome! I too have a reservation and still do on the Bronco our of Sewell Ford. Still debating on whether to get it or not. But for now, I love my JTR... not done, but almost there. Had this rig since December!

RLD 1.JPG
What bumper is that?
Sponsored