Sponsored

Can't Order 2021 anymore according to Local Sales manager...2022 orders still TBD.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
No offense to anyone wanting a 2021 but I’m ready for the 2022. Decided in July to sit tight when I could not order in Nacho.
Did they cut off the Nacho early? I hope that isn't a hint for 2022, I want Nacho on my Mojave! (Otherwise Red).
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
The sales manager at my local Jeep dealer calls me today, they knew I was using the 2021 build sheet on line so she tried to sign me up for a 2021 build...I told her I prefer a 2022 Mohave as long as I can still get a light color interior (I believe it is called "steel gray" or something according to the '21 build tool on line). I also told her that if by some chance they cancel the light interior on the Mohave in 2022 I would like the opertunity to get the 2021 model.

So she called "Head-Quarters" to see when the transion happens and got back to me saying one can not order a 2021 anymore...Also, she said they don't know when the 2022 can be ordered exactly.

I hope to heck they keep a light colored interior on the Mohave in 2022, I've searched long and hard to find a "small-truck" where I could get a light interior and a "sun-roof" at the same time (both are a no-deal if they can't). Hence, that serch lead me here and I am thankful for that I'm set on the Mohave at this point. It is the right truck for me.

Has anyone else heard anything to confirm her 2021 comment (no more orders) or have any opinion when the 2022 build sheets will come out?
Just to let you know, there are aftermarket seat cover/replacement options. One in particular that a lot of guys use is called Katzkins. They look amazing btw, just search the forum for it. You can get any color, so I’m sure you could get a very nice/comparable light interior color if the one you want does get discontinued in 22.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Just to let you know, there are aftermarket seat cover/replacement options. One in particular that a lot of guys use is called Katzkins. They look amazing btw, just search the forum for it. You can get any color, so I’m sure you could get a very nice/comparable light interior color if the one you want does get discontinued in 22.
OK, thanks for the tip, good to have this just in case!

https://katzkin.com/

Monkeywrench

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Triumph motorcycles
Occupation
Risk Management
Did they cut off the Nacho early? I hope that isn't a hint for 2022, I want Nacho on my Mojave! (Otherwise Red).
Yes, nacho was discontinued somewhat early in 2021. Even though the Jeep building tool showed it available and continues to do so. 🤨 Hopeful it will return for 2022 but most say that’s not how Jeep rolls with when they limit a color

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Ordered gladiator sport s end of June. Supposed to ship 9/22, update today delayed shipping on 10/10. Dealer said making 2021 wranglers and gladiators through end of year. Anybody have same issue? Or any updates on orders?
I ordered a base Sport on 7/27 and was given a ship date of 9/15 in late August. Turns out now I am rescheduled to 10/12 ship date so I am in the same boat as you.

I think at this point they are shoving all the base Sport and low-option Sport S trucks to the end of the MY calendar and focusing on all the 50-60k Rubicons and Mojaves.

Sponsored

Green_2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I ordered a base Sport on 7/27 and was given a ship date of 9/15 in late August. Turns out now I am rescheduled to 10/12 ship date so I am in the same boat as you.

I think at this point they are shoving all the base Sport and low-option Sport S trucks to the end of the MY calendar and focusing on all the 50-60k Rubicons and Mojaves.
Exactly what seems to be happening. I ordered a sport s on 7/26. It’s been “scheduling parts” since then.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Lol if you think posting about a 60k truck is bragging you couldn't handle the Ferrari and Porsche forums...
Do they have spelling problems too? ;)

In all seriousness though, I avoid douchebag-congregation sites like Ferrari and Porsche forums.

Last edited:

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Do they have spelling problems too? ;)

In all seriousness though, I avoid douchebag-congregation sites like Ferrari and Porsche forums.
I guess I'm a douchebag because I'm on a Porsche forum because I race a 911 gt3 on track. A hotdog vendor can get financed for a 60k truck. If posting about a 60k truck is "showing off" then you have likely made a lifestyle of poor financial decisions. Toodles..

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I guess I'm a douchebag because I'm on a Porsche forum because I race a 911 gt3 on track. A hotdog vendor can get financed for a 60k truck. If posting about a 60k truck is "showing off" then you have likely made a lifestyle of poor financial decisions. Toodles..
🍿 🍿 🍿 🍿

I love cars but consider myself lucky that I never caught the bug to own something like that. It's certainly something I can appreciate, but thankfully don't feel the need to buy. I'm much more comfortable hanging out here with the hotdog vendors. You have piqued my curiously about those forums, though...

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
OK, thanks for the tip, good to have this just in case!

https://katzkin.com/
I can second the quality of katzkins leather. I had it in my previous ram and honestly its better than any factory leather i've had other than my previous cayman. If my rubicon didnt come with leather already I would have happily made the switch to katzkins and probably have a cooler looking seat.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I can second the quality of katzkins leather. I had it in my previous ram and honestly its better than any factory leather i've had other than my previous cayman. If my rubicon didnt come with leather already I would have happily made the switch to katzkins and probably have a cooler looking seat.
Issues with moisture? I’ve seen people say they can stink if they get wet and in a top off vehicle that makes me nervous.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Issues with moisture? I’ve seen people say they can stink if they get wet and in a top off vehicle that makes me nervous.
I was in a ram, so I never had it get rained on, but my kids spilled all kinds of shit on it. I didnt find it to be any worse than any other leather I've had for drying/stink

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I was in a ram, so I never had it get rained on, but my kids spilled all kinds of shit on it. I didnt find it to be any worse than any other leather I've had for drying/stink
Cool, thanks. I found some Katzkin I love but I was nervous.
Sponsored