Sponsored

Cascadia 4x4 Solar panel: question for owners

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I installed a Cascadia 4x4 solar panel on my Iverland a couple of weeks ago.

Almost immediately, I noticed my reported battery voltage during engine runtime drop from the mid 14v range to low to mid 13v range (pretty much 14.5 to 13.2). I assumed this meant the solar panel was charging the battery and the smart alternator was adjusting its load accordingly.

In the last few days I noticed my reported battery voltage during engine runtime creep back up, ultimately back up to 14.4. That’s when I checked the MPPT.

The MPPT was showing solid green and yellow. From my read of the user manual, that seems to mean the battery is healthy, and the panel is connected but not actively charging.

The manual also said that if the panel is in direct sun light and showing solid green (instead of blinking), I should pull the fuse to reset the MPPT.

I did that and immediately the MPPT started blinking again.

I checked the next day under direct sun and it was solid green again.

I’m just curious from other Cascadia users—what is your runtime battery voltage? Does your MPPT often go to solid green under direct sun?

I’m just having a tough time having a good basis to troubleshoot this thing to determine if it is working normally or not.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Cascadia 4x4 solar panel
Any feedback is appreciated.
Sorry I missed this post before and don't check in every day always.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine basically sits in the sun all day. I checked mid-afternoon yesterday and it was blinking green, solid yellow. Generally my voltage while driving is right at 14.3-14.4, at least when I notice. I don't recall ever seeing it in the 13 range.
Sponsored