Sponsored

Catch Anyone Pretending Your Gladiator is Theirs?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Man. I am rolling. My first car was a 1971 Bug that I restored. Mid 90s so it was a Cal Look. Lowered. Chrome bumper swap from a 1966. 1835cc dual carbs. When you lay paint, it's your baby. (even if you sucked at paint) Drove it to ONE....ONE college party. Came out to kids sitting all over it. Never again.

Haven't had the happen to me but when I owned a 1990 Ford Ranger I guess there was one parked a few spots from mine in the same color and similar lift height. After walking out of a restaurant I used my key to get into the wrong Ranger and the door unlocked...I sat in it and noticed there were things on the dash that weren't mine and the bench seat didn't have a cover on it like mine! "Who's stuff is this and why did they leave it but take my seat cover?" I then happened to look to my left and saw my truck a few spots down! I got out, locked the door on this strangers Ranger and slinked over to mine. :CWL: I still wonder if I tried the ignition if it would have worked.
Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I bought my JT right after they were released, so there weren't very many on the road. I took it to a local outlet mall and parked it way out of the way of any other car. When I came out there were a few young people hanging out around it taking pics and selfies with it. Then I spent the next 30 minutes showing them around. It got a lot of attention in the beginning, I always had people taking pics with it.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Man. I am rolling. My first car was a 1971 Bug that I restored. Mid 90s so it was a Cal Look. Lowered. Chrome bumper swap from a 1966. 1835cc dual carbs. When you lay paint, it's your baby. (even if you sucked at paint) Drove it to ONE....ONE college party. Came out to kids sitting all over it. Never again.
Dude...I was bug head too. 1967 I bought in 1988 just before my senior year of high school . California look, slammed front-end all white, white/turquoise interior with the half seats. Blade bumbers front/rear. Semi-functional stock sliding metal sunroof...never got the tracking fixed fully but it worked most of the time without an extra hand. 1776 dual-carb etc etc. I was never super popular with the ladies but when I got that bug and fixed it up I was now on the radar. Someone must have been jealous because they got their hands into the engine bay (I used to run the spacers on the hinge) and pulled and yanked on whatever they could get their hands on in there. Luckily I got the plug wires back in order (they were nice enough to leave them in the engine bay and I got it home.) Yeah when you're young with nice things it's rough...everyone was a piece of it no matter how they get it. :CWL:

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I had mine in a car show a few weeks ago and some really little kids climbed in (doors were off) i didn't care , but that's a big difference. Probably some future jeep ownersšŸ˜€

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Huge difference. Always down to let a little kid check it out. If the parent is around.

I had mine in a car show a few weeks ago and some really little kids climbed in (doors were off) i didn't care , but that's a big difference. Probably some future jeep ownersšŸ˜€

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I have a '73 bug. It was my grandfather's, and he gave it to me when I was about 2(or promised it to me). I actually bought my gladiator to tow my bug to shows that are too far away to drive to. It's ratty and old, but it runs and it's cool. I want to put a 1776 in it, if I can avoid buying Jeep stuff first.

curtdennis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I was getting gas the other day when a woman walked by with her young son on tow. He couldn't stop looking at my Jeep.
Now I don't know exactly what he was thinking, but I'd be willing to bet he would rather drive home in the JT and not the nondescript Japanese sedan he was being dragged into.
How do you think the "Jeep craze" gets started? We were all young once, saw a jeep and said, "wow! thats cool."

The rest is history.... :LOL:

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
I would have asked the lady if she wanted a ride. She might have fond memories driving in a Jeep with her late husband. As to kids leaning on it & pretending to own it... Joey Tribianni's Porsche comes to mind.

curtdennis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
A million years ago I was assigned to the DB (detective bureau) and was driving an unmarked Chevy. I had a "kojak" light on the back deck for rear visibility (no other lights installed), well one day I was parked at the mall (remember them?) and this little smart a$$ comments to his girlfriend, "look an unmarked police car....) Well I'm standing right behind him (badge on belt - weapon on hip) when I come back with, "Why yes it is, can't get nuthin' past you." Well he turns about 10 shades of red and she chokes up laughing.

ah - those were the days.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Please tell me your rocked aviators and a Beastie Boys "Sabotage" haircut and mustache.

A million years ago I was assigned to the DB (detective bureau) and was driving an unmarked Chevy. I had a "kojak" light on the back deck for rear visibility (no other lights installed), well one day I was parked at the mall (remember them?) and this little smart a$$ comments to his girlfriend, "look an unmarked police car....) Well I'm standing right behind him (badge on belt - weapon on hip) when I come back with, "Why yes it is, can't get nuthin' past you." Well he turns about 10 shades of red and she chokes up laughing.

ah - those were the days.
Sabotage-BeastieBoys-B1-e1561471705205.jpg

Sponsored

HMCOBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT , 16 BU, 09 Power Wagon, 95 H1, 91 YJ, 90 XJ
26 years ago when my Hummer was new we regularly found kids sitting in the driver seat coming out from the store (it had no doors on it then... and now). The best was one day my wife was driving it and came out finding a young lady in the front seat. Embarrassed, the lady mentioned what a man-magnet it must be. Wife's response was perfect: honey you could be sitting naked in the seat and the "man' would ask you to move to better check out the truck

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I am always happy to show mine to anyone (especially accompanied kids) who wish to see it and many do. I have a graphic on the back window of the topper that says "Springsteen isn't driving this Jeep" and I have had a Karen or two get their Fruit of The Looms in a knot because of it. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell me your rocked aviators and a Beastie Boys "Sabotage" haircut and mustache.

Jeep Gladiator Catch Anyone Pretending Your Gladiator is Theirs? Sabotage-BeastieBoys-B1-e1561471705205
I only had a take home vehicle occasionally; however, my wife had one for over 18 years. We loved it when some fool tailgated and she turned on the rear blue and yellow.... you could see the front of their vehicle nose dive as they hit the breaks. Yes.... those were the days.

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
I know what u mean I had a old lady brace herself on mine to get off the side walk onto the parking lot my wife said Iā€™m shocked u didnā€™t say anything.

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
I know what u mean I had a old lady brace herself on mine to get off the side walk onto the parking lot my wife said Iā€™m shocked u didnā€™t say anything.
Fat old ladies, skinny old men, women with children, and smoking hot pretty girls....

Just get the nod, and the "That's cool" response.

Anyone else; it's frickin trespassing.
Sponsored