Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
Hi everyone,
I feel like I’ve researched lifts for days now. I still feel like I am overlooking something.
Opinions on these kits. What are some things I should consider? A longer drive shaft? Etc.
Sponsored

GladiatorCruzen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
I’m a huge fan of Clayton Offroad, and biased. I went with one of their kits due to the great reviews, the maintenance free joint design, and their willingness to help answer my questions when I called and emailed them. The coils are dialed in and the ride is fantastic!

Dan_Ballard_Offroad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danballardphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Putdoor Photographer
I have the Clayton 3.5 premium and it's awesome. Highly recommended and they are great to work with.

Keep in mind that is 3.5 in rear....so it's a pretty tall lift.

They do recommend a front driveshaft if you are going to be wheeling it a lot, but no big rush.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
How much misalignment does the Teraflex offer? They have similar no maintenance joints. I think the Clayton arms will be thicker and stronger by design.

OP
OP

Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
How much misalignment does the Teraflex offer? They have similar no maintenance joints. I think the Clayton arms will be thicker and stronger by design.
I’m not entirely sure but what attracted me to the two brands was the triple rate springs allowing for more weight. I planned to run the falcon shocks on both kits so is there much to be said about having the same manufacturer for all parts or not?

Sponsored

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
I’m not entirely sure but what attracted me to the two brands was the triple rate springs allowing for more weight. I planned to run the falcon shocks on both kits so is there much to be said about having the same manufacturer for all parts or not?
I don't think so. Clayton offers the falcon shocks on their site too.

Some manufacturers valve match shocks with their kits, but since the Falcon 3.3 are adjustable, I don't think it will matter.

I saw JK gear and gadgets video. They run the Clayton kit and falcon shocks.

OP
OP

Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
Saw jk gear and gadgets videos. After seeing trailrecon lift comparison that featured short arm relocation brackets something that I had not thought of started to reconsider.
Clayton arms are no doubt solid.
Install seems straight forward.
Teraflex has hydraulic bump stops which I thought was cool but I believe you have to do some cutting for them.
Sponsored