Sponsored

Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing...

OP
OP
aevgladitorrubi

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
And the winner was?
That response was to Clayton-- this one to you Clayton (2.5" Overland plus with Fox shocks), sorry... I had said that many posts ago
Sponsored

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
I've been a four-time AEV guy too-- I think that you are prob referring to the AEV geometry correction brackets, which effectively are the same as what the 2.5" Clayton Off-Road Overlamd plus both upper and lower, front and rear control arms... their springs are very stout via the spring rates...
They both correct geometry, but differently. The Clayton adjustable control arms allow for full castor adjustment. AEV (at least on my JK 2.5 lift) get the caster pushed out using the factory control arms, which are not adjustable, but the control arms are then more parallel to the ground and don't transfer road bumps back up vertically into the frame. @KurtP did both which might be overkill (especially in a 2.5" application like I'm looking at) , but for his 3.5" application was a no-compromise approach.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I talked to the guys at my shop and they recommended a JKS 2.5” for my Mojave. I have steel bumpers front and rear, a winch, and an AluCab Canopy Camper; so a lot of extra weight. while I do drive off-road, on road performance is still tops right now. It goes on tomorrow, I am excited.

Now I have to decide if I want to replace the OEM Falken MT now or wait and do 35” Yoko AT when they wear out.

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming

Sponsored

Up2spec

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel Overland
I'm waiting on my Clayton Overland 2.5 kit. I got a ship date of 3/31. I'm excited. I ordered the Fox 2.0 shocks and those get here Saturday.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My backspacing is 3.5
That of course works as well, anything under 4.5 will work perfectly fine it just sticks out further past the fender at that point. It's when going too much in the other direction getting closer to 5 that you have to worry about potential rubbing issues.

Jfischer09

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Maintenance Crew Chief, DOT
Does anyone have pics of the Clayton 3.5 on a diesel with 37s?

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon ecodiesel
Occupation
RRT
Hey guys I ordered the EVO HD 2.5. I called Evo and they said that they recommend getting the fox shocks at 3.5-4” for their 2.5” lift for the rubicon models.
on The fox webpage for their 3.0 fox shocks 3.5-4”inch they recommend the front driveshaft. Do you guys have any input in that?

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does anyone have pics of the Clayton 3.5 on a diesel with 37s?
Here is a customers vehicle I saved some pictures of. JT diesel on our 3.5" Overland Plus kit and I believe 37" tires.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing... Diesel 3.5
Jeep Gladiator Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing... Diesel JT 2

OP
OP
aevgladitorrubi

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Control arms and drop brackets do similar but different things.

Control arms center the axle and adjust caster. Geometry correction brackets do some of this as pre-positioned intervals (usually 3) so you cannot fine tune your caster. What they do give you is great anti dive and braking stability. Thats why i paired the two together.
Ditto.
Sponsored