Sponsored

Clock not keeping time

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Glad it worked for you. I see a second dealer on Saturday for mine. Thanks to jeep cares getting me a rental so they can do a more in depth look. Newest symptom besides the radio, the air recirculation button and the AC both came on at the same time at start up for a solid second then turned themselves off. Odd..
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Glad it worked for you. I see a second dealer on Saturday for mine. Thanks to jeep cares getting me a rental so they can do a more in depth look. Newest symptom besides the radio, the air recirculation button and the AC both came on at the same time at start up for a solid second then turned themselves off. Odd..
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Well, loaner fell through, the jeep AC acted up for dealership employee,...but not for the "technician". Aka they won't look into it. After two days they said they did a software update on the radio. Picked it up, paperwork states no updates available, called them back, no update was done. After two dealerships back to square one.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Well, loaner fell through, the jeep AC acted up for dealership employee,...but not for the "technician". Aka they won't look into it. After two days they said they did a software update on the radio. Picked it up, paperwork states no updates available, called them back, no update was done. After two dealerships back to square one.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
well possible good news for all who have these issues, jeep has called me back stating in the first quarter of 2021 they will be sending out an update for these radios that is suppose to fix the time and a few other issues. heres hoping

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
well possible good news for all who have these issues, jeep has called me back stating in the first quarter of 2021 they will be sending out an update for these radios that is suppose to fix the time and a few other issues. heres hoping
So I guess I should report mine to the dealer finally.

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I just keep updating my clock...no other issues so far

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I just keep updating my clock...no other issues so far
The time is definitely kept in the radio itself. Unfortunately replacement radios do the same thing, lose time. Ask me how I know.....................................

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The time is definitely kept in the radio itself. Unfortunately replacement radios do the same thing, lose time. Ask me how I know.....................................
so we are doomed to lose time?

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
So mine was loosing time since I got it and then today I had the loud pop and clock reset happen. Hope there is a fix for this soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So mine was loosing time since I got it and then today I had the loud pop and clock reset happen. Hope there is a fix for this soon.
mine has popped twice.... definitely annoying

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so we are doomed to lose time?
As of this moment in time yes (no pun intended). The time keeping function is definitely kept in the radio and my replacement radio is as (un)accurate asthe original. I'll wait until I'm just about out of warranty and have it replaced again. Maybe they'll get their act together by then and have it fixed. Hell, you can buy a 2 dollar clock that keeps perfect time but they can't figure out how to do it in a $40-50k vehicle? C'mon Fiat.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Noticed my clock was off several hours today, so looked and found this thread. Mine is a 2021 base.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
As of this moment in time yes (no pun intended). The time keeping function is definitely kept in the radio and my replacement radio is as (un)accurate asthe original. I'll wait until I'm just about out of warranty and have it replaced again. Maybe they'll get their act together by then and have it fixed. Hell, you can buy a 2 dollar clock that keeps perfect time but they can't figure out how to do it in a $40-50k vehicle? C'mon Fiat.
Well my dealer advised they ordered me a new unit. I still think itā€™s some sort of ground connection, as my whole radio will suddenly turn off and I get a popping feedback through the speakers, I just canā€™t replicate why. Throw the truck down a washboard and itā€™s fine. So I donā€™t think itā€™s a loose wire, but there is something that consistently going wrong.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my dealer advised they ordered me a new unit. I still think itā€™s some sort of ground connection, as my whole radio will suddenly turn off and I get a popping feedback through the speakers, I just canā€™t replicate why. Throw the truck down a washboard and itā€™s fine. So I donā€™t think itā€™s a loose wire, but there is something that consistently going wrong.
I've heard others say the same thing but I've never had the pop. Just the slow clock.
Sponsored