Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whatevah.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Occupation
EMT
I'm planning to go with cloth so I can use seat covers... something like the GEAR covers from Smittybilt. I have tan leather in my 2012 JK and while I never had an issue with heat or cold, they crack after 30,000 miles or so. Had one replaced under warranty and that cracked after roughly 40,000 miles. :\ Definitely want to use a cover on cloth seats though.
Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I plan on going with leather, I have had leather in all my vehicles except for my Jeeps, mainly due to the deal I got when I bought them. It's honestly the one option I always wish i had in the both of them. It's just too easy to clean up and they don't absorb water the way cloth seats do. I do condition the seats every3 months or so and I have never had a seat crack on me by doing so. Also if one or both of the dogs are in the vehicle, cleaning dog hair of cloth is horrible.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I always prefer leather over cloth. It's easier to clean and maintain and in my opinion lasts longer on your daily driver than cloth does.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Everyone here seems to prefer the leather over cloth for cleanup and water reasons. I never liked leather because it was cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I've also never had a convertible, so I'm wondering how hot these seats will be when I leave the top down and the car is parked outside for 30 minutes.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I prefer cloth over leather, warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, I had no issues with wear on my '12 and '14 JKs, two kids and dog as well. Hopefully the heated seats, steering wheel and remote start package will be available on the Sport S JT.

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I have heated/cooled leather in my 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie quad cab and my wife has heated cloth in her new 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon. Regarding leather - much is dependent upon the degree of tanning that the leather goes through. If you notice FCA offers two grades of leather seating on their Ram trucks. My Laramie has the lower grade and is stiffer and not as supple as the leather offered on the Ram Long Horn or Limited. This can have a big effect on the effectiveness of the heated/cooled seats. I think the JT Rubicon may offer the higher quality leather as used on the Ram Limited/Longhorns but I am not sure. As far as cloth goes the seats in my wife's Rubicon seem to heat up faster and are more comfortable than the leather in my truck but that's just one person's opinion. I do have to say the cooling on the seats in my truck works pretty well on hot summer days.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I prefer cloth over leather, warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, I had no issues with wear on my '12 and '14 JKs, two kids and dog as well. Hopefully the heated seats, steering wheel and remote start package will be available on the Sport S JT.
My jetta tdi heated cloth seats were the best.

Maybe with the dual top, dual door, they could have a dual seat cover group........j/k =)

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heated/cooled leather in my 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie quad cab and my wife has heated cloth in her new 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon. Regarding leather - much is dependent upon the degree of tanning that the leather goes through. If you notice FCA offers two grades of leather seating on their Ram trucks. My Laramie has the lower grade and is stiffer and not as supple as the leather offered on the Ram Long Horn or Limited. This can have a big effect on the effectiveness of the heated/cooled seats. I think the JT Rubicon may offer the higher quality leather as used on the Ram Limited/Longhorns but I am not sure. As far as cloth goes the seats in my wife's Rubicon seem to heat up faster and are more comfortable than the leather in my truck but that's just one person's opinion. I do have to say the cooling on the seats in my truck works pretty well on hot summer days.
I was hoping the seats on the Gladiator would also be cooled, most people made fun of me, which is fine. I'd still pay for that option.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Im rocking leather in my JKU and would for sure get it again in the JT. Just the fact that wiping dust off them is so easy compared to cloth is enough of a reason to get them. I also love how it makes the vehicle look like a more expensive rig, and shit if we are paying $40K plus for a truck I think it should have leather.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Leather is expensive, hot in summer, cold in winter, more slippery if you're bouncing around offroad, and wears out more quickly and looks terrible.

But...leather is easy to clean if you spill something on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im rocking leather in my JKU and would for sure get it again in the JT. Just the fact that wiping dust off them is so easy compared to cloth is enough of a reason to get them. I also love how it makes the vehicle look like a more expensive rig, and shit if we are paying $40K plus for a truck I think it should have leather.
Good point about just the dust. I'm preparing myself to just assume with all the options I want, it'll be $55-60 THOUSAND.

Dang, dwarfs my first car purchase by a ton. in 2001, i bought an 1986 VW golf 4 door for $75, and it needed a $25 water pump. Drove it 1000 miles and the transmission locked itself into 4th gear.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
either way ill be putting seat covers on to protect them

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Sat in a JL today with Katzkinz added. Looked and felt great. I'll be going that direction.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I agree 100%. I am dumbfounded that Jeep left this option off both the JL and the JT, especially since the technology already exists across the FCA lineup. Why would a sunny day vehicle designed to remove the top and cruise not have cooled seats as an option?
Sponsored