First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
People tend to assume Jeep's "Sting Gray" / Dodge's "Destroyer" are the same color as Ford's "Lead Foot Gray".

The two colors are very similar, but the Ford is just a tiny bit darker.

These are the two trucks I cross-shopped, but I bought the Mojave. The Ford was a little quicker (but still slow), but it also drove/wandered more and felt loose and vague on the highway. The Jeep interior and electronics are far better. I also liked being able to remove the roof on the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Color Comparison: Sting Gray Jeep vs Lead Foot Raptor grays1

Jeep Gladiator Color Comparison: Sting Gray Jeep vs Lead Foot Raptor grays2
Sponsored

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Curious......define slow, please? Slow compared to performance car? Compared to Mojave, other trucks? Just curious....I own a 2018 Raptor with the Leadfoot color. Awesome truck...rides great and I think it is pretty quick and pretty fast for a truck.....only downside I have faced thus far is the high cost of getting re-built shocks.....

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Curious......define slow, please? Slow compared to performance car? Compared to Mojave, other trucks? Just curious....I own a 2018 Raptor with the Leadfoot color. Awesome truck...rides great and I think it is pretty quick and pretty fast for a truck.....only downside I have faced thus far is the high cost of getting re-built shocks.....
Both the Raptor and Mojave feel slow to me. But, I don't expect my trucks to be fast. I have a few cars to better satisfy that speed craving. Consider "slow" just a relative term, in this case. I don't feel the Mojave or Raptor are underpowered. Both serve their purpose.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
People tend to assume Jeep's "Sting Gray" / Dodge's "Destroyer" are the same color as Ford's "Lead Foot Gray".

The two colors are very similar, but the Ford is just a tiny bit darker.

These are the two trucks I cross-shopped, but I bought the Mojave. The Ford was a little quicker (but still slow), but it also drove/wandered more and felt loose and vague on the highway. The Jeep interior and electronics are far better. I also liked being able to remove the roof on the Jeep.

Wow, the Mojave doesn’t really give away too much as far as ride height to the Raptor. I like that. I’m a tall guy so I’ll be practically level with a Raptor driver. Now it’s just down to who blinks first.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Both the Raptor and Mojave feel slow to me. But, I don't expect my trucks to be fast. I have a few cars to better satisfy that speed craving. Consider "slow" just a relative term, in this case. I don't feel the Mojave or Raptor are underpowered. Both serve their purpose.
Gotcha.....

Sponsored

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Raptor is a bit wider though......which greater increases handling, in my opinion

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Raptor is a bit wider though......which greater increases handling, in my opinion
Have you driven a Mojave? If not, I think you'd be surprised at how much different it drives even compared to the Rubicon.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Have you driven a Mojave? If not, I think you'd be surprised at how much different it drives even compared to the Rubicon.
I second this - especially after the steering box TSB is completed! It now drives as well as the 2017 RAM I traded in.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Wider is possibly an advantage on the street but tougher to maneuver off road. My $.02.

Way cool to get to have both a JT and a Raptor! Best of both worlds!!! :like:

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I second this - especially after the steering box TSB is completed! It now drives as well as the 2017 RAM I traded in.
That's great to know! I'd say my steering is "tolerable" with the Mojave. One of my FCA engineering friends said the Mojave drives better than the others simply because it has the steel steering knuckles, which have less flex. I'll bet that TSB steel steering box makes it even better.

Sponsored

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How do I convince Wifey to let me buy one of these Sting-Gray Mojaves??? I was sad that Gobi bit the dust, but I'm really kinda liking this Sting Gray

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
How do I convince Wifey to let me buy one of these Sting-Gray Mojaves??? I was sad that Gobi bit the dust, but I'm really kinda liking this Sting Gray
I agree...Sting-Gray is the bomb! Gobi won me over (too much time in the sandbox, I guess) but if not Gobi, I'd definitely be in line for the SGray!

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Funny story here. My wife and I rented a Wrangler Sahara for a week, on a road trip a few months ago. She drove it most of the time, and complained about how the steering sucked and the Jeep would wander in it's own lane. After that week, she wouldn't even consider a Jeep.

When we got home, I test drove a JT Rubicon and Mojave myself. The JT platform drove nicer than the Wrangler (less sloppy, less body roll, tracked a tiny bit straighter on highways) but the Mojave was noticeably smoother and tracked best.

I convinced her to drive one. We bought it.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have not driven a Mojave and I am sure it drives different than a Rubicon...it should as it is for a different purpose. Dirt roads are very fun in a Raptor, mud and rocks not so much....probably the same in a Mojave as well. I also find driving the Raptor on the highway, which I do 5 days a week 160 mile round trip each day, is an absolute dream. I can only assume the Mojave would be as well.......

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Funny story here. My wife and I rented a Wrangler Sahara for a week, on a road trip a few months ago. She drove it most of the time, and complained about how the steering sucked and the Jeep would wander in it's own lane. After that week, she wouldn't even consider a Jeep.

When we got home, I test drove a JT Rubicon and Mojave myself. The JT platform drove nicer than the Wrangler (less sloppy, less body roll, tracked a tiny bit straighter on highways) but the Mojave was noticeably smoother and tracked best.

I convinced her to drive one. We bought it.
:LOL: And there was much rejoicing! :LOL:
Sponsored