First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I have not driven a Mojave and I am sure it drives different than a Rubicon...it should as it is for a different purpose. Dirt roads are very fun in a Raptor, mud and rocks not so much....probably the same in a Mojave as well. I also find driving the Raptor on the highway, which I do 5 days a week 160 mile round trip each day, is an absolute dream. I can only assume the Mojave would be as well.......
Well, they're super nice...closest I ever got was a 2012 F150 FX4 - early in the V6 Ecoboost transition - and it was a great truck. Very comfortable and fast. I imagine the Raptor is that on steroids!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
In what way?
I found that the Rubicon had a rougher ride, slightly more body roll when cornering, and the steering felt more vague / wandering on the highway, compared with the Mojave. It was noticeable.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
There is no comparison performance wise between the current Raptor and the Mojave. Get real!! Raptor beats it in any measure of performance by a wide margin. Raptor is in a class by itself... well until the TRX becomes available.

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
There is no comparison performance wise between the current Raptor and the Mojave. Get real!! Raptor beats it in any measure of performance by a wide margin. Raptor is in a class by itself... well until the TRX becomes available.
If you'll read carefully, I never said the Mojave "performs" better. I just preferred it over the Raptor. I also said both feel slow, relatively speaking, to performance vehicles. Most of my daily-driver cars have had over 500hp for the last 20 years.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you'll read carefully, I never said the Mojave "performs" better. I just preferred it over the Raptor. I also said both feel slow, relatively speaking, to performance vehicles. Most of my daily-driver cars have had over 500hp for the last 20 years.
all relative. Your user name looks familiar perhaps from when I was into Corvettes.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you creat fquick also?

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was doing my best to be nice...but yes you are correct!

Sponsored

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Honestly... a truck is a truck. If you want a sports car buy a frigging sports car.

Forget straight line speed (bor...ing!!!)... a sports car will SMOKE any/all trucks when it comes to the combination of speed AND handling.

Yawn.... you may now return to your regularly scheduled program.

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Honestly... a truck is a truck. If you want a sports car buy a frigging sports car.

Forget straight line speed (bor...ing!!!)... a sports car will SMOKE any/all trucks when it comes to the combination of speed AND handling.

Yawn.... you may now return to your regularly scheduled program.
Exactly. Every single vehicle I buy or build has an intended purpose. I have zero interest in making a truck "fast". Are there some amazingly quick modified trucks out there? Absolutely. I just don't have an interest in that. I'd rather have fast cars.

Back on topic. The two colors are similar, but the Jeep is just a touch lighter. :)

Reactions: Mac

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
And hurts it off road...
Off-road if you mean tight trails that a Jeep is perfect for....However that is not what the Raptor was designed for...it was designed for Baja type off road...fast smooth and very stable. Raptor and Jeep...two totally different machines...

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-road if you mean tight trails that a Jeep is perfect for....However that is not what the Raptor was designed for...it was designed for Baja type off road...fast smooth and very stable. Raptor and Jeep...two totally different machines...
I thought the point of the Mojave was desert running at speed?
Sponsored