Sponsored

Mopar Accessorized 2020 Jeep Gladiator (in Sting Gray)

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Thanks @JAY , doesn't mention fenders so I'll guess those are what you get on a Sport. That also has LED headlights, which is not an option for the Sport S and isn't mentioned. I wonder if it will become available.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I would consider getting the Katskin seats over the standard leather just to avoid the red stitching with certain exterior colors.

Also, anyone besides me thinks the 35s look too small with the 2" lift. I think 35s with leveling kit would be better or 37s with the 2" kit

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I would consider getting the Katskin seats over the standard leather just to avoid the red stitching with certain exterior colors.

Also, anyone besides me thinks the 35s look too small with the 2" lift. I think 35s with leveling kit would be better or 37s with the 2" kit
Yah there seems like a lot of open space over those 35s in that fender, part of what made me think they were the high clearance fenders of the Rubicon. I don't intend to go with 35s so don't intend to get a lift. I do feel like 33s look way better than those dinky little 31s that will be standard on the Sport though. (Which means I will be slightly less efficient when towing.)

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Thanks @JAY , doesn't mention fenders so I'll guess those are what you get on a Sport. That also has LED headlights, which is not an option for the Sport S and isn't mentioned.
The second intro sentence, right after the date in Jay's post shows "A Mopar-modified 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, on display at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show" So they're the high clearance fenders (assuming the JT follows suit with the JL which is likely).

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The second intro sentence, right after the date in Jay's post shows "A Mopar-modified 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, on display at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show" So they're the high clearance fenders (assuming the JT follows suit with the JL which is likely).
Oh, thanks for actually reading it. /c:

I guess I have to stop thinking that's My truck then. =oP

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Why? Just because of the fenders? That's a simple mod. The performance parts catalog already has JL high fenders for sale (paintable and black) - page 37. No doubt they will fit, or be available for the JT also.
https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/performance-catalogs/JeepPerformancePartsCatalog.pdf
Well I just mean, if I'm getting a Sport, this isn't. (For all intents and porpoises though, its moot... you can't see the mechanical bits underneath that really make a Rubicon different.) I like that they're building out a JPP program a la TRD from Toyota, I look forward to seeing how much tuned stuff will be available.

Surprisingly, those high clearance fenders only appear to be $545 for a set of 4 in black (for the JL.)

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve watched a bunch of videos of the reveal speaking to Jeep reps. One of them did ask them and they did in fact say it stays in the sunrider position and the rear window is removed. The reasoning behind this was that if it is lowered it would impede on the bed space and to negate that it does now lower but still gives the full open air feel.

I was kinda disappointed with this as well as I’m sure others will as well, but I understand the logic. I feel like it could be something that could be modified using some two door parts.

That sure does look like a bunched up soft top sitting on top of the bed cover.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I’ve watched a bunch of videos of the reveal speaking to Jeep reps. One of them did ask them and they did in fact say it stays in the sunrider position and the rear window is removed. The reasoning behind this was that if it is lowered it would impede on the bed space and to negate that it does now lower but still gives the full open air feel.

I was kinda disappointed with this as well as I’m sure others will as well, but I understand the logic. I feel like it could be something that could be modified using some two door parts.
Disappointing, if I needed the last 6 inches of bed space I would just put the top up. Good idea with the JL 2 door parts, I hope you are right on that. Can't wait to see a write up on how its done.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Def’n disappointed but not a make or break for me. I’m sure it will be something that consumers figure out a way to fix it.

If what I’ve heard is true, once I get mine I’ll take a look at it and take a look at some two door tops and see what I can make work.

Disappointing, if I needed the last 6 inches of bed space I would just put the top up. Good idea with the JL 2 door parts, I hope you are right on that. Can't wait to see a write up on how its done.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Def’n disappointed but not a make or break for me. I’m sure it will be something that consumers figure out a way to fix it.

If what I’ve heard is true, once I get mine I’ll take a look at it and take a look at some two door tops and see what I can make work.
I know this is premature, but what's with the two door JL that you think could be modified to get the top all the way down to the box?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Hoping those bed rails will be rated strong enough for RTT?
Sponsored