Colorado or Front Range Gladiator owners

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Call Al at Colorado Axle and Gear. It’s all they do.
More than happy to go with the non-dealer option, but then if I have an axle issue down the road the dealer can say they won't cover it under warranty. I had my rear axle replaced already and if not for the warranty it wouldn't have been cheap.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I had Tanner do mine and they put a lifetime warranty on the parts and labor. Feel good about that. They replaced all seals and bearings etc...

Recently flushed the fluid. Looks great.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Less than 60 days until decent wheeling weather returns, without too much high country snow blocking the trails. What are people's plans for trails this season? I'm in North Denver Metro and usually wheel central Colorado, Breckenridge, Georgetown, and most areas off highway 285 and I-70. Most trails behind Golden and Boulder are mostly closed or a mess because of fires and mudslides last few years. Looking to meet up for full day wheeling, without too many hours to get to the trails. Work schedule gives me every other weekend and almost every Thursday off. I have main wheeling buddies, but they're not always available. If you have something planned, let me know, will see if I can make it work.

IMG_20210924_192010_396.jpg

IMG_20210813_103012.jpg

PXL_20211017_165821889.jpg

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
Stock (from a lift/tires perspective) Mojave, looking to get out this year. Wheeling is great, fishing is great, hooking up both in one trip is better. haha. Central Colorado is easy enough for me. I'm SE Denver Metro area so it's all a commute for me regardless.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m also looking for people do join up with for single day trips. I’m in Silverthorne so am all in for anything up here, or between here and Denver, or up near breck. On my list of things I want to do, but not alone, are red cone, holy cross, Webster, etc. earlier in the season we can maybe explore some stuff lower around Idaho springs and Georgetown. I like the Thursday idea. It’s sometimes easier for me to sneak away when the kids are at school.

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I’m also looking for people do join up with for single day trips. I’m in Silverthorne so am all in for anything up here, or between here and Denver, or up near breck. On my list of things I want to do, but not alone, are red cone, holy cross, Webster, etc. earlier in the season we can maybe explore some stuff lower around Idaho springs and Georgetown. I like the Thursday idea. It’s sometimes easier for me to sneak away when the kids are at school.
I can probably get my other 2 to go on Thursdays. Red Cone is a blast, only one real hard obstacle. Webster and Holy Cross are ones to keep on the list, but very challenging, especially for semi stock long vehicles. Right around where you're located are many great trails. Still have some days until the snow melts enough to hit the high country.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I can probably get my other 2 to go on Thursdays. Red Cone is a blast, only one real hard obstacle. Webster and Holy Cross are ones to keep on the list, but very challenging, especially for semi stock long vehicles. Right around where you're located are many great trails. Still have some days until the snow melts enough to hit the high country.
I’ve done some research on holy cross, and mine should be able to make it, once my RCVs are in. I’ve been told my belly skid, which was delayed by supply chain issues, will ship no later than May 2nd. Mine is now lifted 3” in front and 4ish in back, and is on 37’s with 5.13’s. With the diff skids already in place, and the belly skids in a few weeks, I think it’s doable. I wouldn’t have suggested it before though. And I definitely want to wait until the snow melt calms down so French creek isn’t running fast. Is Webster that bad? I know radical hill is rough, but sounds scarier than dangerous from what I’ve read.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Early June, Grand Canyon....going to try and hit some BOH stuff in AZ. Late June Tennessee.
End of July, Ouray trip. Looking at Rim Rocker as well.

Will do lots of local stuff. And explore down here. China Wall, Mini Moab etc. Got a buddy with a stock JK who just got back from deployment. He wants to live a bit and jeep. Will be working him up from easy stuff to more difficult.

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
Webster is not bad. And yes Radical hill is scarier than dangerous. But I think scarier than radical hill is Saxon Mountain. https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/6343-saxon-mountain.html I don't think i want to do that one again; it was sketchy a decade ago when i last did it, and I think erosion had to have made things worse...may have to dirt bike it to scout it out.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I’ve done some research on holy cross, and mine should be able to make it, once my RCVs are in. I’ve been told my belly skid, which was delayed by supply chain issues, will ship no later than May 2nd. Mine is now lifted 3” in front and 4ish in back, and is on 37’s with 5.13’s. With the diff skids already in place, and the belly skids in a few weeks, I think it’s doable. I wouldn’t have suggested it before though. And I definitely want to wait until the snow melt calms down so French creek isn’t running fast. Is Webster that bad? I know radical hill is rough, but sounds scarier than dangerous from what I’ve read.
Webster just has a wall at one point that'll require lockers and some butt puckering. The trail up to it isn't quite as bad, but it's been 20 years since I last went up that trail, so I can't speak for the current conditions.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I may do a bit of playing this Saturday.. Curious to see what the local trails are like. High of 47 in Woodland Park. I may go... Will be in a jacket as I don't have my doors or top on...curious what a few of the trails are like and how dry.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
i did Red Cone up and Webster down. It was pretty tough on 35s and no lift.
I may have chosen poor lines or it was washed up bad.

Webster just has a wall at one point that'll require lockers and some butt puckering. The trail up to it isn't quite as bad, but it's been 20 years since I last went up that trail, so I can't speak for the current conditions.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
i did Red Cone up and Webster down. It was pretty tough on 35s and no lift.
I may have chosen poor lines or it was washed up bad.
May need to clarify. Webster Pass and Webster Lake, two different areas. Webster Pass is pretty doable in a stock vehicle.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
May need to clarify. Webster Pass and Webster Lake, two different areas. Webster Pass is pretty doable in a stock vehicle.
Wheeler Lake, not Webster Lake. It's been that long, total brain fart.
Sponsored